New OEM Hardtop Rule G 2

dans2k

Wow, I didnt realize this topic had gotten so long...

Sounds like a bunch of politicians or lawyers and police officers.

Some seem to be splitting hairs and others are only seeing black and white.

Do most of you in this discussion know what "Just be fair about it" means?

I spent a lot of time and money (to me) to get ready to run TT, and now the top I spent a big (to me) chunk on was just flat out banned. That sucks (to me). Its crazy (to me) to spend 3k on a single part for a 5-9k car.

Racing is expensive, thats why it has taken me a long time to get here, and thats why all my wheel to wheel experience has been from chumpcar/lemons.

Im not afraid of loosing topless, but I am afraid of crashing topless.

I Will run my car in with who and what Im allowed to run it in.

I also always try to associate myself with good fair people.(thats just me)

I just want to come and play too... If its fair, give me a bunch of points and make me go up a class. If its fair, outlaw the top. But realistically neither one is truly fair. so just be Realistic

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dans2k

• kbrew8991

• wlfpkrcn1

• TurboShortBus

for referance

WTS2000.jpg

quick question so the argument here for this hardtop is because the dip in the middle of the mugen hardtop allow the air flow stright to the rear wing? so what if i fill that channel with bondo and make it close to OEM height than would it be allow? because from the wind tunnel picture the length different (1-2") doesnt seems to make a different with the aero.

Edited by Guest

hardtop.jpg

the different does seems to be that big so i think is doable but i will try to measure it in person to see how much different it is.

I spent a lot of time and money (to me) to get ready to run TT, and now the top I spent a big (to me) chunk on was just flat out banned. That sucks (to me). Its crazy (to me) to spend 3k on a single part for a 5-9k car.

Racing is expensive, thats why it has taken me a long time to get here, and thats why all my wheel to wheel experience has been from chumpcar/lemons.

I just want to come and play too... If its fair, give me a bunch of points and make me go up a class. If its fair, outlaw the top. But realistically neither one is truly fair. so just be Realistic

It is continually banned because the s2000 owners "refused" the points that Greg assessed it. Unfortunately to increase rules stability (so other poeople dont get screwed and "have" to go get that "must have" for the class to win) he had to assign a safe number of points. The S2000 owners cried foul saying it wasnt worth it, so he dropped it. I thought that was the worst move you guys could have done. At least make it legal, then work on making the points fair as the rules play out to see who takes advantage of those points.

It is continually banned because the s2000 owners "refused" the points that Greg assessed it. Unfortunately to increase rules stability (so other poeople dont get screwed and "have" to go get that "must have" for the class to win) he had to assign a safe number of points. The S2000 owners cried foul saying it wasnt worth it, so he dropped it. I thought that was the worst move you guys could have done. At least make it legal, then work on making the points fair as the rules play out to see who takes advantage of those points.

now you are making stuff up!

Greg told me on email he might be able to let it be legal for 7 points.

I don't run the top so I didn't want to be the one to say ok to 7 points and basically bump every guy who has this top (and maybe have been running it many years) a whole *.

I guess if I had said ok then you would be on here saying "s2000 owners accepted the 7 points and it can't be changed now"

hardtop.jpg

the different does seems to be that big so i think is doable but i will try to measure it in person to see how much different it is.

good job!

Doesnt the mugen top go back another 2 inches or so?

yah but if you look at the picture the only part that is longer than the OEM hartop is the side though which i think if we fill in the top part to OEM hieght than Aero advanage is not there but than again i am no engineer

mugen_hardtop_s2.jpg

Doesnt the mugen top go back another 2 inches or so?

yah but

Quiet you! We can hit 40 pages if we can keep them running around in that circle!

• National Staff

I don't run the top so I didn't want to be the one to say ok to 7 points and basically bump every guy who has this top (and maybe have been running it many years) a whole *.

I guess if I had said ok then you would be on here saying "s2000 owners accepted the 7 points and it can't be changed now"

Now, who is making stuff up?

From e-mail:

thats ridiculous there is no way this top is worth 4-5 points

dan

On 12/26/2010 12:55 PM, Greg Greenbaum wrote:

> If we allow it, then it would still take 4-5 points. No final

> decision was made, and the rest of NASA National is taking the week off.

You started a 34 page thread on a part you don't run? WTF?

Those Vette roof lines are practically the same. Same with the frontal area.

Just to throw it out there. The C5 and C6 Vettes has 8 different base classes

Are you going to bondo/fiberglass the window frame so OEM top glass can be used?

(Fueling the fire!)

Are you going to bondo/fiberglass the window frame so OEM top glass can be used?

(Fueling the fire!)

Come on now lol..... just tryin to see if i could come up with an idea to make the top close to the OEM without Any Aero Advantage

chi

hmm weird wonder where I got 7 points from?

4-5 is a good amount for an aero top not this one though

At least were getting closer...

I DO have this top, so I will step up and say... I will take the 4 points.

No this top is not worth that assessment, but its worth it to me, to be able to use the top I have. Its better than running topless.

And it makes more sense than a flat out ban.

Its a start to being realistic.

hmm weird wonder where I got 7 points from?

4-5 is a good amount for an aero top not this one though

At least were getting closer...

I DO have this top, so I will step up and say... I will take the 4 points.

No this top is not worth that assessment, but its worth it to me, to be able to use the top I have. Its better than running topless.

And it makes more sense than a flat out ban.

Its a start to being realistic.

I'd be happy to see the thread end!

I heard through the grapevine you guys are getting your wish. This will top will be a 0 point mod

April fools!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...