New OEM Hardtop Rule G 2

dans2k

Why not just deal with them and leave us an affordable hardtop option like all the other convertibles have?

Who else in racing gets a break because the part that they want is expensive?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dans2k

• kbrew8991

• wlfpkrcn1

• TurboShortBus

Why not just deal with them and leave us an affordable hardtop option like all the other convertibles have?

What he said...

What he said...

Minardi/Toro Rosso in 2006 were allowed to run the V10 with restrictor instead of the new V8

So what did your Mugen knockoff hardtop people say when you called them about making an OEM knockoff?

They would probably say no why don't use our mugen knockoff its hardly different

So what did your Mugen knockoff hardtop people say when you called them about making an OEM knockoff?

They would probably say no why don't use our mugen knockoff its hardly different

Oh so can I use Hoosier As instead of Rs? They're hardly different!

Can I use off-the-shelf Koni yellows instead of my crappy stock shocks? They're hardly different!

Can I come in 50lbs under weight? Its hardly different!

Can I be over 5whp on the dyno? Its hardly different!

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

NASA is much more accommodating with this ruleset than anything you'll find with other clubs. It does suck a little but it could be alot worse..

• National Staff
The roof height is the same, if you wanted to modify your roof to come back an inch or two like the top I don't care.

But I think there is no valid reason you are just saying it for purposes of argument.

As far as I know no-one ever complained about this Mugen style top and the extra 2" slope/roofline...

People complained about aero tops, spoon and miata fastback tops.

Dan, while I haven't measured one, I have seen multiple references that state that the roof height is NOT the same, and that it is at least one inch lower. In fact, one of the NASA National Officers got into an S2000 with the Mugen top, or Mugen-like top, or Mugen-style top, or Mugen-esque top, or Mugen-knock off top, or Mugen-wannabe top, and realized that his head was just about hitting the top, while he has plenty of room when in an S2000 with an OEM top.

Michael, sorry, but your 14 second rule, even with the 14 second addition, just isn't going to cut it. First, you are going to need another 14 to 28 seconds to write the corresponding Rule "X", and then you are going to have to define what "significantly" means. And, then you are going to have define what "is" means. (That's write Clinton fans, I did go there) Once your rule gets up to 1/4 to 1/3 of a page, just to cover all the loopholes that everyone here blows through it after you finish, lets rewrite every rule in a similar fashion. Perhaps we can get the PT rules up to 100 pages that nobody reads, instead of the current 36 pages that at least some of you read.

Meze, more clowns please. Also, I don't like that artificial butter crap on my popcorn. This thread is becoming one of the best evvaaaaa. I'm still having my doubts about 30 pages though. You guys only managed about 2 or 3 today. BTW, one of the best things about 30 page threads is when someone comes on the forums that hasn't been here for a while, starts reading it, gets a bit interested and keeps reading, spends 2 hours reading it, and then realizes he just wasted 2 hours of his/her life. Hey, That's Entertainment!

• Members

So, can I run my car in TT??

3037766369_fab02383b2.jpg

I would run a hard top but they never made one.

A special clown for Greg. This clown gets the rules changed how ever he likes! Theres a lesson there boys....

david-wall-laughing-clowns-side-show-rotorua-bay-of-plenty-north-island-new-zealand.jpg

• National Staff

How about make these out of carbon fiber--"Non-OEM hardtops"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToGIhRO2n7faMUJog3KiEk5UOmoFrPxmeneCW1w4a0gqRu4ehS

Uh-oh,a Miata (get rid of that passenger seat head rest, though):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ49pdFGXp8TEmtJSdYhYBQECVngnZQyTHaUBNFAd7isd8MK3z

Meze, is that you driving here?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb8UPBY5TE-pmYkfUTukwCFKYMZN8I7Fg2nQUfkH_Vf-Okp7qkWQ

• National Staff

Also, where is this guy's hardtop. Doesn't he know you can't drive without one these days?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_yyXh_2j49UvRs4dEVAGd4Qc-d7mjVeJbn_53oOs1IfkP-VMW

BTW, what is the best fuel to add to the fire of a 30 page thread-diesel, gas, or methanol injection that is no longer legal in TTA-TTF because of those "few guys that just had to push the limits of the rules".

• Members

BTW, what is the best fuel to add to the fire of a 30 page thread-diesel, gas, or methanol injection that is no longer legal in TTA-TTF because of those "few guys that just had to push the limits of the rules".

What do you mean meth isnt legal?? What the H........

You ruin EVERYTHING!!!

Ethanol!

Ethanol!

Dont you start!

(my Z is E85 powered!)

• Members
Looks like lap 13 is comming up

Love it Shawn. I spent all day lowering the roof on the stock car . See I can do that because I get FREE Aero.

Another happy clown technique used for happyness!!

Good for you my brutha!!

Thats because I never seem to be able to post pic's on this forum so I gave up along time ago. And besides I don't want to get caught with all my secrets.

Greg , In the old days my dad used to run those tonneau covers. Most guy's back then took the windshield off.

• Members
Greg , In the old days my dad used to run those tonneau covers. Most guy's back then took the windshield off.

Thats legal!

11) Removal of the front windshield/windshield frame +7

SEE!!

Thats the old days in SCCA. His 59 Alfa Spider Veloce had the windshield off and a tonneau. I'll try and find a picture of it and email it to you. When he started running his buddy's MGA they had a fairing over the roll hoop like a D Jag. That car was quick. A friend worked for Chevron and they got "Special Fuel" for free. I remember watching it grenade at Cotati Airport.

The s2000 guys have a great car for this. Think they can last 30.

Edited by Guest

Thats legal!

11) Removal of the front windshield/windshield frame +7

SEE!!

if that is legal I dont see why any aftermarket top would cost more points or not be allowed.

• Members

if that is legal I dont see why any aftermarket top would cost more points or not be allowed.

I dunno, page 6 or 7. Its been splained to ju already. Go do some reading.