Time trial start from rules

yakisoba

We're already putting things in place to try it @ Feb VIR. So we should have any bugs worked out by March VIR, no worries

So we tried it, and I think it worked great. Anyone who was there and experienced it, please feel free to comment. Currently the plan is to do it exactly the same way in March

Yes... the start procedure was awesome. Since I'm on A6s I'm ready to roll on that opening lap. Getting up to full speed before hog's pen made the first lap really count. I would run the first and second lap all out and then cruise around for awhile. If I got a 3rd hot lap fine, but most of the time I got it done on those first 2 laps.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brkntrxn

• kbrew8991

• getfast

• Varkwso

So what exactly did y'all do differently?

Everyone stayed 3-5 car lengths apart, then once past Oak Tree the pace car sped off, but the lead car stayed around 50 mph, then when we got through roller-coaster we went full-boogie so we were up to speed on exit of Hog's Pen.

Previously the lead car stayed w/ the pace car until it got to pit lane and then the lead car went WOT so you weren't up to speed by the start of the first timed lap.

That sounds like a great plan. I know in October my first lap was no good each session because of the pace car creeping through hogpen. Glad to hear about the change.

That sounds like a great plan. I know in October my first lap was no good each session because of the pace car creeping through hogpen. Glad to hear about the change.

I agree. I look forward to running it this way in March.

-Kevin

• 1 month later...

Jon,

The pace car process for Time Trials worked very well. Thank you for listening to us and making changes for the good.

-Kevin

Jon,

The pace car process for Time Trials worked very well. Thank you for listening to us and making changes for the good.

-Kevin

I thought it was great as well (from the perspective of someone further back in the TT mix). Are we going to do the same thing at Summit? Something along the lines of pace car jets off at 5 or 8 or something?

Jon,

-Kevin

Yep... once again I loved it. Go full-boogie out of roller coaster

Jon,

-Kevin

I thought it was great as well (from the perspective of someone further back in the TT mix). Are we going to do the same thing at Summit? Something along the lines of pace car jets off at 5 or 8 or something?

Yes

Jon,

-Kevin

I agree. Actually, this was my first outing with MA, and I thought the whole thing went very well. Thank you. Without your efforts, we would not get to do this.

Glad you guys liked it. From the officials' perspective it went great and there's no reason not to keep doing it.

Yes

^ this. Just gotta figure out the equivalent areas/corners at Summit, everyone will read about it in the next email to registered TT'ers.