2011 WERC Schedule

wlfpkrcn1

Chris-

I like that idea. For those that are there, they can do their thing (warm up/qualy). For teams with a budget, they could show on Sunday morning for the race and start from the back.

Why are you guys settling for this crap? You are not happy and it cost more than you need to spend. Let them know how you feel and offer a suggestion of what YOU would like that makes you want to come back for MORE! Why are you willing to spend your hard earned racing dollars for second best? DON"T. I suggested (nicely and diplomatic), to extend the 1 hour to 90 minutes with a mandatory pit stop as one points race and then start Sunday's 2 hour as a separate race adding 2 extra races to the WERC schedule. This would give newbies a chance at the 90 minute without jumping in blind to a three hour event and going away disappointed for any reason. WIN! WIN! More races on the schedule, cost effective to stay the weekend, attracts new players to the endurance game. AND, if you make a mistake on Saturday, you have a chance to fix it and be a winner on Sunday! Oh, I forgot, more revenue. Let NASA know how you feel direct and not here. They don't read this stuff unless someone brings it to their attention. I was told that today. Notice only 3 or 4 of us really express our thoughts and concerns here and they do need to be heard.

my 2 cents again.

Richard

Interesting ideas on the split event. Agreed that respectful inquiries and suggestions from us will be more useful to everyone that griping here. Emails are free.

I've been talking a bit over the last few days with NASA management. Stated my concerns, suggested some options. We have been kicking some different ideas around. After getting more background info from NASA, I see that their options are indeed a bit limited. If the WERC schedule stays as currently published, we'll all just make do. I am hoping though, that a few tweaks can be made to make the events more worthwhile for both our team as well as our competitors

we are not griping. Forums are a great place to formulate ideas. When we have some good ones, we can approach Jerry with 1 or 2 good ideas, instead of spamming him with all our ideas.

The 90/120 idea of yours is another good one, but we might have to compromise with Jerry if there are hard stops in the schedule. What if we gave him that 30 minutes back into his schedule and do 2 90s? Each can have a mandatory stop and driver change, as you suggest.

I lean toward doing qualifying sat, then a 2 or 2.5 hour sunday. That ways those budget teams have that choice to start at the back and still get points, rather than miss a points race.

Either way we go, the silver lining here is that either of these options is more appealing than what has been offered, and could spice up the WERC series.

Mike, are you writing these down?

Richard- I don't consider it settling or giving in to NASA. We are trying to take what they are giving us and making it workable. If we don't do this, then the entries will completely drop in Norcal leaving us with a SCERC (So Cal Endurance Racing Championship) or none at all.

Thanks, Eric (kicking ideas for a year now), Mike, and others on and off this forum for some great ideas and help.

Richard Migliori

Mike,

Any info on the possibility of changing the timing of the races?

Since many others had taken the inititive before I was able to get my info together, I have not talked with Jerry. It has been my experiance that Jerry is much more receptive of requests from a united and organized front. Multiple individual requests will hurt our cause IMO.

• 1 month later...

We are joining the WERC series this year in full trim, and did a couple of events last year including the 6hr and doing the 25hr this year. I agree with making it one continuous session.