nasaregistrar

NASA Mid-Atlantic Reserved RACE & TT car numbers

Ev
I wouldn't mind seeing number pairs like "2" and "02" wiped out. Last year, one of our PTE racers numbered "2" kept getting called to the tower after races because of transgressions from an SM car numbered "02".

Just a suggestion!!

Or we could train the flaggers what the number "0" looks like. We could also learn them how to hold a flag while they are at it.

vbspec

hey Sean plz add:

Michael Harris

HC1

nasaregistrar
I wouldn't mind seeing number pairs like "2" and "02" wiped out. Last year, one of our PTE racers numbered "2" kept getting called to the tower after races because of transgressions from an SM car numbered "02".

Just a suggestion!!

A lot of the time the problem stems from cars that needed to change the car number because they either have the same number on the car as another entrant with a reserved number or someone else registered first with that number.

If I need to change a car number, you get a few days notice via email. please remember to do it BEFORE you go on the track. Yes, I do know how much stuff needs to be done before you get there. You only need to worry about one number, I need to worry about 400 sometimes.

MAKE THE CAR NUMBER CHANGE EASILY DECIPHERABLE!!!!!

skinny "1's" along the fender gap don't cut it

bad attempts at numbers with tape don't either

tape is fine to use but do a good job, try to have the tape be close in color to the other number

The final self check is, do you think YOU could clearly tell what the car number is, looking from 100 feet away from and 30 feet up from the track surface as the car goes by start finish??

one mistake I regularly see is creating graphics/paint schemes/etc. that do not provide for an easy alteration of the car number. as racers, you need to expect that sometimes you will need to alter your car number. If you race out of region, or you do not pre-register and have a reserved number, you may need to run an alternate number. If you are not registered when I finalize the car numbers for the race groups and someone pre-registers with 'your' number, that person "wins" if you show up to the track to register on site.

The real solution is making the car number readable. If there are problems with car number readability on your ( not you Scott) car, expect me to meet you at pit in and tell you to fix it. If you don't , expect the black flag.

It will probably go like this:

Practice session:

Timing or corners advise that the attempt to change the car number sucks

I meet you at pit in and tell you to please make the number readable

you don't or do a equally bad job as the first time

Qualifying:

you get a black flag for having a crappy number after being advised

you get mad

I don't like to do it this way but in the interests of a more smoothly running event and keeping Timing and the corner workers difficulties to a minimum, I will.

nasaregistrar
Sean,

Please put me down for #43 in Autobahn.

Will Haden - Spec3

I'll be at comp school in March and in for the full season.

Thanks in advance.

Will

This is done.

nasaregistrar
Please verify #43 is still in use in Thunder.

FFRC covers several regions and it would be easier if the number could carry across.

Checking....

Marty,

I reserved you 43 in Thunder.

nasaregistrar
hey Sean plz add:

Michael Harris

HC1

Done

nasaregistrar
Hi Sean,

Could you please reserve #131 for HC1 for me? I'm going to be spending a bunch of time down there again this year.

Thanks

done

mhoward1
Please verify #43 is still in use in Thunder.

FFRC covers several regions and it would be easier if the number could carry across.

Checking....

Marty,

I reserved you 43 in Thunder.

great...thank you.

nezrok

Sean,

If #11 not current in Thunder can I reserve it. If not #88 or #6. I ran AIX last year, AI this year.

Thanks,

Robert Korzen #140592

Scott Cain

Sean

Could you please reserve #53 in SM for Grant Cain?

Thanks

Scott

STRINGER

I gotta question....

Since no one has asked that I know of other then me. Can numbers be reserved for TT? Just asking since a lot of us have vinyl numbers.

If so...Ill take my 55 please.

If not....

good hands

scott bresnahan 09 GTS2

getfast

Since no one has asked that I know of other then me. Can numbers be reserved for TT? Just asking since a lot of us have vinyl numbers.

Please stay tuned for details on this. We would like to have reserved numbers in TT, but there are some issues (mostly dealing with numbers for supersizing racers), and nobody wants to make more work for Sean, especially not me

STRINGER

Cool. Thanks!

nasaregistrar
I gotta question....

If so...Ill take my 55 please.

If not....

Ron,

I will be developing a reserved number system for TT, but I need to address a few things with the Director first.

nasaregistrar
scott bresnahan 09 GTS2

Done Scott

STRINGER

cool...thanks Sean!

wesdearing

Hey Sean.

Can you reserve #316 AI for Wes Dearing (2001 Ford Mustang/white). Thanks.

Wes

nasaregistrar
Hey Sean.

Can you reserve #316 AI for Wes Dearing (2001 Ford Mustang/white). Thanks.

Wes

This is done

TurboPooch

Hi Sean,

You have me in for #215 for autobahn with 944 cup which is great. But with low numbers in supercup I plan on running some races in GTS3. IIRC GTS3 ran in thunder and I see 215 is already taken by an AI car in Thunder which may pose a problem. Can two cars in different classes have the same number?I have permanent graphics and could possibly cover up/xout the 2 for #15 which is not yet taken. LMK what you want me to do.

Thanks,

Steve

malibuguy

can i keep my huge 79

pluuuuease?

nezrok

How does one get a confirmation of a number ?

Ev
How does one get a confirmation of a number ?

Sean is the master of the numbers. Seek his sage advise

can i keep my huge 79

pluuuuease?

As long as you track the toaster, he HAS to let you keep it....

getfast
can i keep my huge 79

pluuuuease?

My understanding is that the process was for race groups only, and possibly for TT in the future. The google doc linked in the first post verifies this.

That said, it wouldn't be the same without your HUGE 79's, we all look forward to seeing them

malibuguy
can i keep my huge 79

pluuuuease?

As long as you track the toaster, he HAS to let you keep it....

toaster is my DD...but it is back up (it was alot of fun flopping that thing thru the corners) just in case something happens to the Terkle

My understanding is that the process was for race groups only, and possibly for TT in the future. The google doc linked in the first post verifies this.

That said, it wouldn't be the same without your HUGE 79's, we all look forward to seeing them

We got a vinyl cutter now & I specified the closest blue colored vinyl to painters tape...i'm going to look legit next time