ssnapier

Several classificatiom questions!

ssnapier

I am organizing an autocross for VW, Audi and Porsche only and I have a few questions on classing these cars. For a car that has swapped heads (usually to increase low end torque) how do I properly place that car?

I have a copy of the NASA classification, and the recommended stock classes, but there are a few car types I know will be racing my even tnot listed there. For example, an older aircooled Beetle in two different configurations 2.2 liter or a stock 1.6 axle. I also have 5 cylinder Audis to deal with and some of those or older S-4's with a turbo strapped on there.

I would like to know how to classify these cars, and what the logic was behind your suggestion. I ask for that so that I can more intelligently assign classes to a car that I may have forgotten about. If understand the reasoning, I should be able to manage the rest of it!

By the way, if you will out in Colorado around late June I invite you to come check the event out! http://www.dubsalongtherockies.com

ssnapier

I am also curious about the newer 2.0 8vVW motor and where that would be placed.

Thanks,

Scott

MachWon

I'll see if I can find an answer for you.......

ssnapier

much appreciated!

ssnapier

anything?

mansier

Please send the exact car descriptions to be classified and the classes they normally run in with other sanctioning bodies. I can help you to classify them properly and be competitive!

mansier@zoominternet.net

LM

ssnapier

I think we have it covered pretty well now... here is what we have so far, please let me know if you see any issues with it! I took this pretty much right out of the Nasa-X stuff I found on the web, but I would still appreciate some input.

Class A: RESERVED FOR MODIFIED CARS

Class B: Porsche 993 (ALL), 996 Turbo, 959*, GT2, GT3

Class C: Porsche 911 Turbo, 968 Turbo S, Boxster S, 993, 996*

Class D: R32; Porsche 914-6, 928, 944S, 944 Turbo, 944 Turbo S*, 968, 964 Carrera 2,

964 Carrera 4*; Audi A6 2.7T, S4, TT (225 hp Q), A/S-8

Class E: Audi A6 4.2, , TT(180), VW Corrado SLC, ALL 1.8T(+170hp),

Mk3 and Mk4 VW VR6, Audi 5000

Class F: VW 16V, ALL 1.8T(150), Corrado (G-60), VW Quantum (5 cyl), Audi 100/ 200/ 4000

Class G: TDI, 1.7, 1.8L 8-v (All Models)

Class H: NONE

Class I: 1.5, 1.6, , non-turbo Diesel

Here are the aircooled classes:

Class F: Any aircooled motor over 130 hp

Class G: 1800 larger up to 130hp

Class H: 1700 (ALL)

Class I: 1500, 1600 motor (ALL)

Class J: VW Bus (all) ***

ssnapier

I have a few questions on these cars:

Audi 90/100 (12v V6)

Porsche 914

Audi A8

Audi S8

Audi S-4's (newer than 1996 (B5 Chassis)

Audi S-4's from 92-95 (C4 Chassis, also called the UrS4)

Also, is it safe for a VW Bus to autocross???

ALl of the above listed cars are assumed to be stock and 2wd except for the UrS4, which was always an AWD car. The rest of them will get points assesed for AWD, it was the only way we could try and make all of these cars even.

If anyone can tell me the best classes for the above cars to be placed in I would really appreciate it!