• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbodleimages

• limp1969

• svttim

• JWL

just to point out that guys that have been running RA1's have learned what they are like and have a set up for them. As similar as the NT01 might be, they are different. pressures, camber settings, suspension settings are all unknown. start from scratch stuff.

Understood and it sucks but, If you cant get the tire???

then you cant get the tire. there is no way that nasa allows for mixed tire racing this season. toyo is an income source and if the other spec classes are getting their tires, i would guess we will just have to live with it.

just to point out that guys that have been running RA1's have learned what they are like and have a set up for them. As similar as the NT01 might be, they are different. pressures, camber settings, suspension settings are all unknown. start from scratch stuff.

then you cant get the tire. there is no way that nasa allows for mixed tire racing this season. toyo is an income source and if the other spec classes are getting their tires, i would guess we will just have to live with it.

So, its AIX then?

well...nasa se just announced that they will allow the nitto and the r888 for the two events in the next four weeks.

but for me, its aix. at least for the first event. i am already committed.

well...nasa se just announced that they will allow the nitto and the r888 for the two events in the next four weeks.

but for me, its aix. at least for the first event. i am already committed.

Im a rookie so not sure I want to make that jump just yet

Income also comes from racers entering races

Sounds as if there are gonna be some mighty big holes in AI.

there's not really a jump. the tires are stickier. the car handles better. as a rookie you are with the same guys watching them go by.

And about 400 more horsepower

I dont think the cars will outhandle mine though

there's not really a jump. the tires are stickier. the car handles better. as a rookie you are with the same guys watching them go by.

i dont have more than 400hp. so....

i dont have more than 400hp. so....

Less here

Folks-

As noted in the announcement at the top of the forum, the Toyo R888 tire will be allowed in AI alongside the RA1 until September 1, 2011. There will also be a $100 rebate per set of 4 285/35/18 R888 tires purchased and we hope to see the RA1 back in stock by mid-May. We felt this was the best path we had available to us as removing the spec tire requirement would have created a number of issues and switching spec tire manufacturers was not a viable option for us.

Again, sorry for the trouble and feel free to call or e-mail me with any concerns or questions.

Thanks.

-JWL

John Lindsey

Chief Divisional Director

NASA

Tried to order 17's yesterday. Stepping up to 17's so I can pretend I can keep up with the pack. I found 4. Need at least 8. On national backorder until "well, Toyo told us maybe sometime in April".......

I refuse to order The Devil Tire (assuming CMC will also once again be a two tire "spec" tire series), so looks like I get to take the fancy brakes back off the car and run 16's for the first couple of races. Or, perhaps shave two and leave two full tread...Fun, fun.....

I know the PooBah's are working on it (thank you!), and I know all concerned know waaay more about the in's and out's than I, but really....shouldn't availability of a "spec" tire be the one thing us knuckleheads DON'T have to dick with?

275/40R17. I'll PM you a list of dealers. Phil did say he had some, but none of my normal 'dood's', one of them a pretty big dealer, had them or can get them until "later". If 17's are just a deal in my little world and OK elsewhere, sorry for the bitch. If it's a bigger deal, better to put them on the "oh crap" list with the 18's so we have some options to start the season...

Folks-

Couple of more quick updates.

> Les Schwab Tire has some 275/35/18 RA1's if any of you want to go that way.

> We will be flush on 275/40/17's as there is a big shipment arriving on 3/15/11. There is also stock available at a number of shops so PM me if you are in need.

> The rebate program for the 18 inch 888's will be live next week. We will send out an e-mail blast to all AI drivers on how to use the program.

Thanks for hanging in there.

-JWL