NorCal 2011

IGZOSTD

NorCal ST&STR racers, Feb.12th, 13th is 2 weeks away. Make sure you have your paperwork in order, Class forms and Dyno sheet.

If you reduced your weight, you need new forms, If you turned up the anger management level of your engine, you need new forms.

Look for a good year, we have people interested in coming from other areas and I'm working on a few other deals to bring up the count.

I'll be sitting out the Feb. event in SU so that should give Kurt an easy vistory

Have Fun

What's up dudes? This is the Bass Man Brinkop. I picked up an older SCCA ITE corvette that I'm converting to an ST2 car. I already converted my blue one to a T1 car since it was pretty much stock. The car is fully built for racing and weighs 3230 lbs with me in it (same as my other one) and it was so cheap I couldn't pass it up. I'm taking it up to Edge Motorworks tomorrow for the annual tech and then to my tuner to make sure it meets the required hp/wt limit. The good news for Tim is that so far I'm slower in the new vette than my old one. I took it out to buttonwillow last weekend for some testing and our corvette challenge time trial. I hear we will be having some fast drivers joining us this year in high hp miatas. I also know a guy who is swapping a corvette engine into a 944 porsche for ST2. Sounds like our class could be growing. Looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend!

Bill.

Nice Bill, see you next weekend. My car will look a little different this year. Two race cars!?!? I'm in the wrong business.

Miatas with some HP, that's a lethal combo.

Yeah 2 cars for now. I sold my street car though so my truck is the only street legal vehicle I own . I don't ever want to sell my blue vette that I built from stock, but I paid less for this new car than the parts alone are worth. So even if I don't run both cars in the future I can keep the parts I want and sell the ones I don't need. Or just sell the whole car if it becomes too much work. I have been spending a ton of time this winter working on these 2 cars and so far I am slower in each one than I was at the end of last year. Smart huh?

Looking forward to next weekend and seeing your winter work on the mustang Tim. This will be my first ST2 race not being combined with spec miata and spec e30 so we should have more cars to play with out there running similar lap times.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah 2 cars for now. I sold my street car though so my truck is the only street legal vehicle I own . I don't ever want to sell my blue vette that I built from stock, but I paid less for this new car than the parts alone are worth. So even if I don't run both cars in the future I can keep the parts I want and sell the ones I don't need. Or just sell the whole car if it becomes too much work. I have been spending a ton of time this winter working on these 2 cars and so far I am slower in each one than I was at the end of last year. Smart huh?

Looking forward to next weekend and seeing your winter work on the mustang Tim. This will be my first ST2 race not being combined with spec miata and spec e30 so we should have more cars to play with out there running similar lap times.

Good seeing you out there Bill.....bummer about your clutch issue.....were you able to fix it for Sunday?

It does seem odd not seeing you in the blue vette...since that is what I am used too

I know the feeling about not having a street sports car anymore...I sold my M3 and bought a truck..... :>(