Sign in to follow this  
sturlinator

post whores welcome, march 5/6 hpde online download

sturlinator

lets start it off, sat was good but sunday was great! nasa az is coming up to a new superior level of track driving. i think everyone else there felt it too. lets get some feed back both positive and negative about the event

-dan sturla

group 3 grand puhba

f1nal zeros

Event went very well. Saturday was fun, but at times there would be no point bys and we'd get stuck in traffic. Really bad traffic. As the day went on they learned to point by and all was well. Driving in the rain was fun and I learned to control the throttle better. This was my first 2day event and I learned alot. Well worth it. I'll be attending more 2day events in the future.

PSUCRX

Group 3 by far was the best i've ever seen it this weekend, by no small part of Dan and Jeff, keeping everyone's ego's in check was not an easy task. Props to you guys! I felt I am still progressing, and I'm anxious to get my CRX back out on the track despite the fact that it will have a weaker powerplant.

The HPDE program is going up right now, becoming much more organized and pushing more for learning, than in trying to beat the guy in front of you(which I won't lie, it's definately a fun thing to be able to pass a Z06 in a 4-cylinder Acura). Learning how each one of us are driving will enable us to better fine-tune our line on the track.

Great weekend guys, can't wait for next month!!

Justin

f1nal zeros
Group 3 by far was the best i've ever seen it this weekend, by no small part of Dan and Jeff, keeping everyone's ego's in check was not an easy task. Props to you guys! I felt I am still progressing, and I'm anxious to get my CRX back out on the track despite the fact that it will have a weaker powerplant.

The HPDE program is going up right now, becoming much more organized and pushing more for learning, than in trying to beat the guy in front of you(which I won't lie, it's definately a fun thing to be able to pass a Z06 in a 4-cylinder Acura). Learning how each one of us are driving will enable us to better fine-tune our line on the track.

Justin

LOL, well it did feel kind of good to be able to beat a s2ooo, wrx, and my proud moment of the day seeing a M5 point me by. I tried very hard not to let my head get big. J/K.

The event was more organized then the last time I did hpde. Plus I found out I was supposed to have a log book. ?!? where the hell was I when we talked about this? hehe. I will be getting one soon. I hope.

sturlinator

Justin

LOL, well it did feel kind of good to be able to beat a s2ooo, wrx, and my proud moment of the day seeing a M5 point me by. I tried very hard not to let my head get big. J/K.

this feeling is quickly overcome in group for when you get rolled by a miata, tauras, metro and a tricycle.

lol!

BlueTeg

Go ahead and add a Mini Cooper to that list.....

The event was run really smooth. I like the new format w/ the download sessions, they really help people air out any dirty laundry they had, or understand what/why a certain situation turned out the way they did. Glad everyone made it through the day without any hiccups on track.

f1nal zeros

Justin

this feeling is quickly overcome in group for when you get rolled by a miata, tauras, metro and a tricycle.

lol!

I already felt that feeling last time when a white miata rolled me. Oh well they are quick cars on the track. Like roaches, always where you dont want them to be. You see them on the side of you then next thing you know they go flying by on the opposite side. hehe.

But in all the event was fun and I learned alot. Download times are great. They help imporve each other, plus we get to see if something went wrong.

Howie

I totally agree I ran in HPDE 3 as well and Dan & Jeff did an excellent job. The group was great to run with and I think everyone was very open to discusion after each session.

Running in the rain was very educational but I had much more fun running in dry and being able to take advantage of my car's power.

Hope to see you all at the next event!

phoenixR34

Awesome weekend, most fun I've had in a long time. It was fun driving with you guys in HPDE4 on Sunday! Makes me want to buy an HC car! Well, see you all next time.

sturlinator

yea gabe hit a good point about airing the dirty laundry. holding a grudge and going after the guy in the next session to race is a quick way to get kicked out. youd be surprised how quickly your feeeling of rage turn to friendship as you and the other driver talk about what was going on durring the past session. i want our group3 session to really stay consistant and grow together, we will do a school soon once every brings their driving skill up before entering hpde4 way down the road.

thanks for all the replys

everyone feel free to email me privately if you have a concern or idea you dont wish to make public

dsturla@cox.net

dan sturla

group3 leader