CHR

Post CMP Videos here - Winter Melt Down 2-11/13-11

CHR

Anyone get the start of the Lightning Race on Sunday?

Fred Crawford

Great pass at 12 Falcon....... just like I showed ya.....

Fc

Deere

mhoward1

lol, thanks to a bug committing suicide on the focus lens I have a big blur for Saturday’s thunder...but I think I have decent stuff for Sunday

Drumrboy

Nice run!

Lemming
Here's video of Sunday's Thunder Race: Giddy Up!

Ok, come clean, someone else was driving the car

PushinTheLimit

I wish I had an in-car cam this weekend from my car... especially for the Sunday Thunder race. Tim and I battled for most of the race and I just couldn't find a way to get by him. I did everything I could think of, but ran out of talent and tires toward the end of the race and started to slip back. My brakes went away pretty bad the last few laps and that was not very confidence inspiring either. I wanted that podium finish really bad.

Big thanks to Jim and Julie for allowing me to do comp school and get my provisional license this weekend. I was very nervous about my first race Saturday but I felt really good going into Sunday's race. Congrats to Falcon for the win on Sunday. I learned so much out there and I will be taking all that new information to the next event and apply those principles. I also learned how important qualifying is and how its so much easier to pass people there than in the race. I had a ball out there and can't wait to come back and do it again.

mhoward1
I wish I had an in-car cam this weekend from my car... especially for the Sunday Thunder race. Tim and I battled for most of the race and I just couldn't find a way to get by him. I did everything I could think of, but ran out of talent and tires toward the end of the race and started to slip back. My brakes went away pretty bad the last few laps and that was not very confidence inspiring either. I wanted that podium finish really bad.

Big thanks to Jim and Julie for allowing me to do comp school and get my provisional license this weekend. I was very nervous about my first race Saturday but I felt really good going into Sunday's race. Congrats to Falcon for the win on Sunday. I learned so much out there and I will be taking all that new information to the next event and apply those principles. I also learned how important qualifying is and how its so much easier to pass people there than in the race. I had a ball out there and can't wait to come back and do it again.

Hey, it was fun parking near you guys too. Sorry you had to move later on.

PushinTheLimit

Hey, it was fun parking near you guys too. Sorry you had to move later on.

We enjoyed it too... I was not very happy about being blocked from hooking up to my trailer and their unwillingness to move. I didn't want to cause a scene on my first race weekend so it'll be alright.

mhoward1

Those SpecE30 guys are a bunch of thugs...

Look at the carnage that was the lightning race.

Skeen

Here's video from the Cragar Corvette in TT on Sunday:

Thanks to everyone that shared the track with us. Hope we didn't get in the way.

Lucid Moments

Thanks to everyone that shared the track with us. Hope we didn't get in the way.

Didn't get in the way? Slow mofo held me up for an entire lap. Let a guy by next time you come out please.

Jim P.

So where is the TraqMate data ? I wanna know how to go that fast!

Lucid Moments

So where is the TraqMate data ? I wanna know how to go that fast!

Not all of the solution, but a $150k car would help.

dans2k

damn I watched that on my latop at volume 2/10 and my ears are still ringing!

what tires was it on?

trhoads

what tires was it on?

I stood on the front straight during that session...I think my ears are still ringing from it. tires...great big wide sticky ones!

It was cool to watch, I will say that.

mhoward1

what tires was it on?

Pirelli slicks

Keith Andrews

There is a Corvette and then there is a Cragar Corvette ......nice.

Jim P.

I was thinking about getting a couple of video cameras and placing them trackside at our events to catch some of the action. Anyone know of a good video camera that is:

1) Battery powered

2) will shutdown when no motion is detected

3) portable and reliable

4) inexpensive

Any ideas?

mhoward1

Why not just have a production company come in and shoot. Many will do it for no fee as long as they get a space to set up to sell DVD's. The DVD's run about $20 - $40 bucks a piece, have 2-4 camera angles and be shot in 1080 and have pro-production quality. We have a couple of groups do our events before and it's worked out great.

Firebird Man

A couple of us talked about getting some people to take Video cameras out to the track and filming the Vintage cars. With digital technology they could be spliced together fairly seamlessly.

Just a couple of sessions would give enough footage. With enough technical know how someone could take some in car and splice it with track side for a pretty good film clip.

Maybe offer some volunteer worker time to do some filming for NASA-SE?

mdenz3

what tires was it on?

I stood on the front straight during that session...I think my ears are still ringing from it. tires...great big wide sticky ones!

It was cool to watch, I will say that.

You should have heard it from the turn 9 worker station, it was pure awesome.

jason
A couple of us talked about getting some people to take Video cameras out to the track and filming the Vintage cars. With digital technology they could be spliced together fairly seamlessly.

Just a couple of sessions would give enough footage. With enough technical know how someone could take some in car and splice it with track side for a pretty good film clip.

Maybe offer some volunteer worker time to do some filming for NASA-SE?

Talk to Mark Nunnally.

CHR

Still looking for Sunday lightning...anyone...anyone?