drivinhardz06
Only 3 in TTA? Any stragglers?

if you had a cage you could run PTA

I'm running TTA in June, gotta test out the 255s

Cobra4B

if you had a cage you could run PTA

I'm running TTA in June, gotta test out the 255s

The car will be getting a cage after VIR end of March. There was no way for me to get a cage done after RA last December and before the February VIR event. April/May is my normal down-time for trackday stuff.

sperkins
There was no way for me to get a cage done after RA last December and before the February VIR event. April/May is my normal down-time for trackday stuff.

Meh... I know a guy that ran 31's at Rd Atl in a non-caged street car.

jimbow

Kim is TTA, not TTC as it shows on the list so there is 4 until Val signs up.

We'll just have to root for the PTA rookies as they work their way through the pack and catch up to Jody

GeneSplicer

Ummm... maybe TTA - after inspection and check ride. Have my reclass from G in TTB** but with mods puts me TTA with several points to spare. But I'll be a pushover in the straights so ya won't have to worry bout me...

trhoads

anyone else notice that the DE3/4 combined groups have the potential to look like the Santa's Toy Race...85 in the two groups...plus any TT instructors that come out to warm up tires or "practice".

I need to get my giant foam finger out...

beerkat

Kim is TTA, not TTC as it shows on the list so there is 4 until Val signs up.

We'll just have to root for the PTA rookies as they work their way through the pack and catch up to Jody

I have ask for the correction to be may.

Varkwso
anyone else notice that the DE3/4 combined groups have the potential to look like the Santa's Toy Race...85 in the two groups...plus any TT instructors that come out to warm up tires or "practice".

No passengers in tt so instructors have to take students out in other sessions. Practice is always good. Warming tires is a waste of time...and tires.

King Tut

I noticed. My first time in DE3 and there are gonna be 80 cars passing me left and right, haha. I better stretch out my pointing arm before going to grid.

trhoads

No passengers in tt so instructors have to take students out in other sessions. Practice is always good. Warming tires is a waste of time...and tires.

By no means was I complaining about TT instructors coming out in their allowed session. Not at all. Moreso, it is hard to say how many of those instructors will come out in DE3/4, so its hard to guess at how many cars will be on track for those combined sessions...if I griped about instructors going out whenever they could...I would be the pot talking to the kettle.

I noticed. My first time in DE3 and there are gonna be 80 cars passing me left and right, haha. I better stretch out my pointing arm before going to grid.

I can see the bruises on my arm from hitting the door frame already...left right, both ways...LOOK MA NO HANDS!

In December, approaching turn 6, we went 3 wide, me to the left, Eric Meyer splitting the middle, and a red Spec E30 on the inside...that left very little room...it was exciting, and a little scary all at once.

ReaperX

I just hope everyone takes it easy first session on Saturday. Should be quite the learning experience.

trhoads

"everyone" is hopeful. That first session is typically a little slower, but not much.

Scott G.

I figured it up today. With entry fees and needed safety equipment, it would cost me over 1500 bucks to run PTA and that doesn't include regular consumables.

I'm at about $1200

What are you guys doing to spend so much money?

~$300 entry fee paid last Dec

~200 gas for tow and racing (6hr tow one-way)

~200 tire and brake wear

~30 beer and chow.

No hotel. Will sleep under a tarp or on the floor of someone's RV.

jason

$200 in fuel for the weekend? That'll maybe get me to the track. Then another $80 per day just for 93octane. 3days. Then another $200 home.

kbrew8991

even my little car is about $1k per weekend (3 races + 2-3 TT sessions)

drivinhardz06

~200 tire and brake wear

maybe for an E30 on toyos

jimbow
Ummm... maybe TTA - after inspection and check ride. Have my reclass from G in TTB** but with mods puts me TTA with several points to spare. But I'll be a pushover in the straights so ya won't have to worry bout me...

Thats the way my 92 Corvette is classed. Its about 30hp light of the max I can make. I'll get it dynotuned by June and just run it on the mail order tune until then

Cobra4B

I figured it up today. With entry fees and needed safety equipment, it would cost me over 1500 bucks to run PTA and that doesn't include regular consumables.

I'm at about $1200

What are you guys doing to spend so much money?

~$300 entry fee paid last Dec

~200 gas for tow and racing (6hr tow one-way)

~200 tire and brake wear

~30 beer and chow.

No hotel. Will sleep under a tarp or on the floor of someone's RV.

I think Scott had to pony up and buy some safety gear like a real racing suit etc. etc. That stuff adds up very fast. Now that I'm instructing my main expenses are fuel and tire/brake wear. I don't really care to add it up. If there's money in my checking account I go racing, if there's not then I don't... simple as that

sperkins
I think Scott had to pony up and buy some safety gear like a real racing suit etc. etc. That stuff adds up very fast. Now that I'm instructing my main expenses are fuel and tire/brake wear. I don't really care to add it up. If there's money in my checking account I go racing, if there's not then I don't... simple as that

Bingo. Safety gear, comp school, mechanical repairs, entry fees are what I'm figuring. I haven't even added the fuel cost or normal consumables.

Looking back though, I basically ran all of last year for next to nothing so I can't complain too much. Looking forward to Rd. Atl.

Varkwso

$200 for tow and track fuel is my budget. Sometimes I even make it.

Drumrboy

93 is wonderful stuff.......

drivinhardz06
I basically ran all of last year for next to nothing

you must do fuzzy math

Firebird Man

I could make it on about $250 fuel before this lastest price hike.

But my tow is only 2 hours one way, about 30 gallons of 93 in the Firebird, the rest 87 in the tow rig.

The low compression Iron head engine I have in now runs ok on 93 but I mix in a little 110.

Main Aluminum head engine likes a 50/50 mix of 93 and 110, add another $120+ for race fuel then.

Get about 4 races out of a set of fronts tires, the rears last awhile.

About 8-10 races out of a set of carbotech front pads.

Motel room for two nights. Stay in the trailer sometimes.

Can't count the beer since I'd drink it anyway.

Entry fees.

If nothing breaks it's about a $1000 weekend as an average.

Add in all the service on the car and tow rig, new safety stuff, tech fee's, license fees, physical, and such, and I don't even want to know the average. And I certainly don't want my um, sponsor to know.