• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cobra4B

• trhoads

• jason

• Varkwso

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh... you guys just made me calculate the math for the gas It's 540 miles from here to Braselton by way of Greensboro. Figure 10 mpg towing (get 10.5 - 11.x) and that's 54 gallons of fuel x $3.25 = $175.50 each way = $351 in fuel.

Then figure I can run a day on one tank of gas @ 18 gallons @ $3.50 per for premium = $126 for the weekend.

Total = $477

Ugh... you guys just made me calculate the math for the gas It's 540 miles from here to Braselton by way of Greensboro. Figure 10 mpg towing (get 10.5 - 11.x) and that's 54 gallons of fuel x $3.25 = $175.50 each way = $351 in fuel.

Then figure I can run a day on one tank of gas @ 18 gallons @ $3.50 per for premium = $126 for the weekend.

Total = $477

Yay instability in the Middle East! Wait...

Hi there,

I'm coming out for my first NASA event Mar 12-13 and will be running HPDE2. If you see me in the black C63 come by and say hello! As this is my first event I could use help w/ answering all my newbie questions ie: Figuring out I'm supposed to be and when, advice on moving through HPDE to TT, and basically help remembering which pedal is the one that makes the car go vroom, vroom.

Looking forward to a fun couple days at my favorite track.

-Greg

My math says I'm Flagging this weekend.

Got to upgrade my safety equip before I head out back on track.

Then HPDE2/3 here I come!

Hopefully CMP.

Hi there,

I'm coming out for my first NASA event Mar 12-13 and will be running HPDE2. If you see me in the black C63 come by and say hello! As this is my first event I could use help w/ answering all my newbie questions ie: Figuring out I'm supposed to be and when, advice on moving through HPDE to TT, and basically help remembering which pedal is the one that makes the car go vroom, vroom.

-Greg

C63 Benz? Sweet. A few years back I was at VIR lapping my father's Panoz. The car began acting up so I ran the rest of my sessions in my mother's CLS55... that fugger did great on track. I just put the suspension on Sport 2 and the transmission in Sport auto mode and let 'er rip. No lap times, but I was running HPDE 3 and still passing most everyone.

Lucid Moments
Hi there,

-Greg

I don't mean to be insulting, I truly do not, but if this is your first event what are you doing in HPDE2? I'm guessing that you have run with other groups and just need help with NASA's particular schedule?

My math says I'm Flagging this weekend.

Got to upgrade my safety equip before I head out back on track.

Then HPDE2/3 here I come!

Hopefully CMP.

That's what I like to hear. We still doing Sebring this year?

@ Cobra... Love the Panoz! I can barely keep myself from snatching one up out of the classifieds.

@ Lucid... Yup, first time with NASA -not- first time with HPDE events or Road Atlanta. Hoping you all are a fun crowd and I'll be able to make it to more events.

Yup, first time with NASA -not- first time with HPDE events or Road Atlanta. Hoping you all are a fun crowd and I'll be able to make it to more events.

Join the C5 mafia! We could always use another "soldier"

• Members

Total = $477

There is always room for you guys in SpecE30. Sell your current high end car, buy a SpecE30, have more fun and then left over $$ pays for 2 seasons of racing.

I can see the bruises on my arm from hitting the door frame already...left right, both ways...LOOK MA NO HANDS!

For those of you worried about the potential traffic in DE3/4, that's very easily solved -- get yourself a yellow #4 (or a few of them to increase visibility) & put that on the back of your car. This allows people to pass you withOUT a point-by. If more DE3 students do this, there will be fewer trains.

Of course, do this ONLY if you think you're ready for open passing without a point-by.

I'll make sure to remind Jim on Saturday & Sunday mornings during the All-Hands Meeting to remind the Instructors they must abide by DE3 rules during combined sessions. (As well as Laura Patton during the Instructor meeting.) On occasion, we've had Instructors forget they were in a combined session & scared the poo out of some DE3 drivers.

the yellow 4 does help...and once you have a general idea about the safety awareness of your fellow drivers, its great, but when you are not familiar with all of the drivers in your group, you don't know if one of them is going to do something the rest of us might consider risky.

The hardest thing for me to remember, even when the student is driving, is that the first lap is green. I think a lot of students and instructors forget that because I see a lot of trains and/or unsure passes on the first lap of a lot of sessions.

The hardest thing for me to remember, even when the student is driving, is that the first lap is green. I think a lot of students and instructors forget that because I see a lot of trains and/or unsure passes on the first lap of a lot of sessions.

the rest of you instructors might do this to, but once I feel my student has a decent grasp on the track, I tell them that they need to call out any flag conditions to me when they see them, that goes for the green at pit out too. I stress that one, because they need to be aware of it, and know what condition the track is when they go out. Having worked pit out many times, I know that the person doing that job, is informing oyu of that important piece of information.

GeneSplicer
the yellow 4 does help...and once you have a general idea about the safety awareness of your fellow drivers, its great, but when you are not familiar with all of the drivers in your group, you don't know if one of them is going to do something the rest of us might consider risky.

Good point - some might be fresh out DE2

DE3 drivers need reminding as what the yellow 4 is too... last year a C5 trailed me for 2 laps before I finally had to stick my hand out the window and point him by - appearantly he didn't know about the yellow 4 on my bumper - which was talked about in class right before.

even in the 4 only group, I will still give a point by, it just lets the approaching car know that I see him, and that he is free to carry on, even though they know they can without it...maybe it gives them piece of mind to know that I know they are there...I get passed a lot...so I try to make it as easy on my fellow drivers as I can.

i just have to remember to use the correct finger to point with

OD

OD...you know you are too nice to use anything but the proper finger...

audiobuffru12

wow a week away , who is ready for fun and excitement , i see lots of finger pointing already happening(hehe).

with lil rain this weekend hopefully next weekend will be brighter .

ScottBell

Long range forecast has a cold front moving through toward the end of next week, clearing by the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

Long range forecast has a cold front moving through toward the end of next week, clearing by the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed.

that should be the last any of us mention the weather.... ....we really don't want to curse our luck.