How important is the 'G'?

Winefool

I'm not even in GTS or the NE, but i think that's a pretty bad idea. Just win the damn races, that's how you get points. People coming in from other regions are part of the whole game. Someone who comes in for one or two races a year isn't going to muck up your points standings that badly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottbm3

• RSCoupe

• cstreit911

• Michael G.

In the Northeast I actually re-wrote the rules for points finishes this year so that one needs to participate in 50% of the races in order to even be considered for points. All others are considered "guests" and can't gain points. This should make things a bit less of a tit-for-tat for the guys who are going for points.

-mike

Mike,

So if "guests" come in 1,2,3 does the 4th place NE racer that participates in more than 50% of the races get 4th. place points or 1st. place points ? Just wondering ?

-Scott B.

Good question, luckily our next event is in July so I can contemplate it. I have to see which is easier to keep track of. But I think that "fun-run" participants don't count and the points start to be doled out at the first participant. So if that is the route we go with, then the 4th place guy would get 100 points.

-mike

Mike,

Personally I think that's a bad idea. I our region(GL) we award points to everyone that runs regardless of % of participation. We have no issues with that. We have crossover events with the Midwest region a few times a year. You get the points where you finish in the whole race, not regional ! I always invite guys from other regions to come and run. We'll see a lot of it this summer at the two Mid-Ohio races, as racers come practice and get rtack time in preperation for Nationals. We also get regional points at these races.

In the GL region you must participate in a certain amount of races to be eligable for season championships, but you only get points for the position you finished in the race, even with out of region racers. Its doesn't make much sense to get first place points when you came in 4th, nor would I want them. It just means you need to pick up your game and run up front with all the fast guys !!!

Cheers, Scott B.

Maybe just have a different set of "overall" results for just NASA-NE members. That should be easy since your home region is listed when you register. No need to fuss w/ 50% participation, etc. That or just drive faster and beat the guests.

What if a NASA NE entrant doesn't run 50% of the races. He gets 0 points for the year? If it were a 10 race season he ran the first four and misses the next five. Are his first 4 race points in limbo until the final event?

• Members

I haven't had a chance to hammer out the details yet!

The EASIEST way is to payoff T&S We are from Jersey after all. Home of Tony Soprano!

-mike

I haven't had a chance to hammer out the details yet!

The EASIEST way is to payoff T&S We are from Jersey after all. Home of Tony Soprano!

-mike

Shouldn't be hard. Talk to the T&S director

In the Great Lakes and Midwest regions, anybody that runs is eligible for points (like Scotty said), to be eligible for the regional championship you had to start 7 races, with only your 10 best finishes counting (low points for races beyond 10 being dropped).

It simple, and things get pretty exciting towards the end of the season, especially the last event or two. At the end, there could be a couple people with more points than you, but if you started 7 races, and they only started 6 races, oh well, you just moved up in the standing.

In the Great Lakes and Midwest regions, anybody that runs is eligible for points (like Scotty said), to be eligible for the regional championship you had to start 7 races, with only your 10 best finishes counting (low points for races beyond 10 being dropped).

It simple, and things get pretty exciting towards the end of the season, especially the last event or two. At the end, there could be a couple people with more points than you, but if you started 7 races, and they only started 6 races, oh well, you just moved up in the standing.

Tell me about it. In '09 I had to come from behind due to some mechanical's during the season and won the last three races to just barely take the championship !!

And sometimes we use the word start liberally.........

-Scott B.

In the Northeast I actually re-wrote the rules for points finishes this year so that one needs to participate in 50% of the races in order to even be considered for points. All others are considered "guests" and can't gain points. This should make things a bit less of a tit-for-tat for the guys who are going for points.

-mike

Mike,

So if "guests" come in 1,2,3 does the 4th place NE racer that participates in more than 50% of the races get 4th. place points or 1st. place points ? Just wondering ?

-Scott B.

Good question, luckily our next event is in July so I can contemplate it. I have to see which is easier to keep track of. But I think that "fun-run" participants don't count and the points start to be doled out at the first participant. So if that is the route we go with, then the 4th place guy would get 100 points.

-mike

If drivers are getting beaten by fun run participants why do they deserve points?

...And sometimes we use the word start liberally.........

Hey, as long as the car crosses the timing loop, during green flag racing, under it's own power, it's a start...

You do what you have to do...

Hey, as long as the car crosses the timing loop, during green flag racing, under it's own power, it's a start...

Just passing through, but that WAS classic...

Just passing through, but that WAS classic...

and I helped !!..............

-Scott B.

-Scott B.

And I dedicate my 3rd place in the Midwest GTS4 Regional Championship to you.

All I'm saying is it's a good thing there's a timing loop in the pits!

-Scott B.

And I dedicate my 3rd place in the Midwest GTS4 Regional Championship to you.

All I'm saying is it's a good thing there's a timing loop in the pits!

Yeah, I doubt I could have made a complete lap using the starter.