sperkins

Yet another new race track in Georgia

sperkins

Anyone heard about this?

"Americus, Ga., February 7, 2011 – Star Racing’s George and Jackie Bryce announced today their plans to build a $12 million multi-use, world-class motorsports facility in Americus, Georgia.  The      facility will include a quarter-mile concrete drag strip, 2.5-mile road racing circuit (similar to Road Atlanta), a motorsports related Technology Park, a training facility for drivers education and law enforcement training, and a national motorcycle drag racing museum.  Construction is slated to begin in late 2011.

The positive economic impact to the Americus and Sumter County area will be significant, with a projected annual impact of over 75 million dollars and over 200 full-time and part-time positions created over five years.  The economic impact of the Americus Motorsports Complex will be generated through visitors spending money in the community, increasing employment, adding sales tax revenue, tourism, lodging, and restaurant  opportunities, and manufacturing growth.  This, combined with the projected employment growth will result in a higher standard of living for all the residents of Americus and Sumter County.

UKRBMW

Damn, soon GA will be the capital of motorsports in US

dans2k

sweet not far from me at all

beretta

Yee Haw!!!!!

Whaler167

Fantastic - Finally a track less than 5 hours from home!

jimbow

Scott - you are our "boots on the ground" for this one!

Looks like a reasonable area, where are the closest houses or farms. Those are the NIMBY's that need to be worked on!

Otherwise it looks doable - close to an airport, college, and railroad tracks so the area is already noisy.

Red Tornado

As the owner of a prime High Rock International condo I can tell you the seat time at the track has been fantastic!!

Oh wait that's right....they don't all always get built!!

Does anyone know the last finished track in the SE?? Is it CMP or Barber??

bukit

Do the "Autominimum" garages come with 4 post lifts?

itsarebuild

if i remember correctly there arent many lodging options in the area though.... and i didnt see anything o that map saying "camping". it has been a while since i have been to Americus though. maybe that has changed some.

Varkwso

Last time I was in the area was when the Flint river flooded.

It could use the draw...

Firebird Man

We'll match this up against Racers Paradise in Gaffney SC to see which one doesn't get built first.

It'd be nice to have some more tracks. Just don't see how the SE area can support that many road courses though.

RA, CMP, RR, AMP, AMC, and RP?

The locals in the area could use a new state of the art drag strip, the one near Valdosta is pretty narrow and dangerous from what I remember.

But with Atlanta Dragway, Z-max and Gainsville, I'd wonder if they could even draw a national event. IHRA maybe.

Drumrboy

$12M for all that stuff seems light..... overruns happen of course, but they slow things down. Hope I'm wrong, another track'd be great!

Varkwso
$12M for all that stuff seems light..... overruns happen of course, but they slow things down. Hope I'm wrong, another track'd be great!

It is a bit light...

TeamEvolutionMS

It is a bit light...

Yea... Like $8M too light

08Bullitt0572

Woohoo! My employer has a factory in Americus that I can make an excuse to visit.

They are going to have to build that place up though since there aren't many hotels and the food selection blows.

They can just build the road course and forget the other stuff.

jason

They are going to have to build that place up though since there aren't many hotels and the food selection blows.

How is that different than CMP?

drivinhardz06

all I can think of when I think of Americus is bugs and hot.

gimpstang
all I can think of when I think of southern Georgia is bugs and hot.

fixed that for ya.

beerkat

The track layout reminds me of NCCAR. Lots of turns very little straight.

08Bullitt0572

How is that different than CMP?

True. Last time I sampled Kershaw's finest lodging and cuisine and stayed at the Executive Inn and ate at the Chinese food place. It was worth being able to catch a few extra Z's in the morning though.

Lemming

Hope it happens, I can stay at my Mom's place and eat well!!!!!

Varkwso

There is a Huddle House close. What more could you want?

legokcen

Hell. I was very excited. It's about 40 minutes from my house.

Americus isn't very big at all; it's just like CMP. A bit better though. More importantly, for me, it's 40 minutes from the house! lol

I know a few locals in the area and they're talking about it like it's going to happen so there is some community support for it. That may help. There is a big motorcycle race team there building it so people are gunning for them. To compete with Road Atlanta like they say, it's going to have a lot of elevation changes and the area where they are going to build it is flat. It'll take a lot of turf buildup to get it with elevation changes.

legokcen

See.... right now, just flat farmland....

AMCSGTCAerial.jpg