raypratojr

Connecting with server

raypratojr

I was scheduled for a race tonight in the E90 series. I started rfactor. Clicked 'connect' and then 'join'. Scrolled through the numerous available servers. Located the correct host server. Dbl clicked it. The box at the bottom read 'connected'. Then I clicked 'load'. It asked for a password. I entered the password that was given to me on race2play.com. About 10 seconds later a box popped up saying password timed out. Am I missing something. How come there isn't any instruction on exactly how to actually log in, and start a session? Between the downloading issues and difficulties with the add-ons and now not being able to enter an event, Im kinda losing interest and may go the Iracing route. Maybe Im retarded.

Ray Prato

ninetyfourintegra

Only you having issues? Are others able to connect? Do you know who is hosting?

I host a weekly race on rFactor and the password timeout is almost always caused by firewall issues on the server side. I have a shitty router that likes to resest itself all the time for no good reason, so I am always verifying that the 2 ports are open in the firewall. I usually turn off my Window$ firewall too why I am hosting.

raypratojr

I believe I was the only one who couldnt connect as the race went on without me. Could it be that my car/track setup didnt meet the requirements of the series?

ninetyfourintegra

You usually will get an error message about the car not matching or the track not matching. In both cases you usually get "in" but are immediately booted or are not about to drive/race. We had a track issue with a user last night. He did a quick reinstall of the track and went on his merry way for the rest of the night.

Have you tried reinstalling rFactor, the track(s) or the car(s)?

I will send you a PM.

raypratojr

I have tried reinstalling tracks and cars with the same outcome. I haven't tried reinstalling rfactor. I'm sure I either did something wrong or am doing something wrong. Everything I down load from rfactorcentral goes smoothly. However, the series that I am interested in don't have the same files as the ones that are available from rfactorcentral. There are slight discrepencies. I think 99% of my problem is that Im not computer literate.

ninetyfourintegra

Yes, custom files can be complicated. We ran them for 2 years but didn't this year as we moved to a new car and a new set of tracks and didn't want the fuss of having to deal with a whole other level of complexity. I would contact the series admin (if you haven't already).

Good luck. If you still want to simply test connecting to a server let me know.

raypratojr

I went to try connecting with the server as a test. I saw the server, highlighted it, pressed ' load game'. For the first time ever rfactor then asked to pick a car, I did. It then showed the screen with the cars cockpit at the lower right, and to the left of that it said, " Ray Prato has entered the game", then a second later it said, " connection lost". I tried 4 times with the same outcome.