Eibach Sway Bar Kit

Jon M.

• Members

All,

Eibach is back ordered on the required sway bar kit and according to them, will be until the end of spring. We are currently working a couple different contacts to push that date up, however there is only so much we can do.

If you know of any vendors (Bimmerparts and Tire Rack are empty) who have the kit in stock, please let me know or post it up here.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Jon

Jon, has there been thought into possible alternatives to the Eibach kit? Its been suggested that stiffer springs (H&R Race Springs maybe) could be matched with OEM M3 swaybars for a solution that should be comparable cost wise. I've got the Spec3 suspension sitting in my garage ready to go on the car (minus the eibach sways of course). I wouldn't mind donating my time to do some testing while I wrap up DE3 and get into TT this year if an alternative like that might get incorporated into the rules.

Otherwise you're going to see my car scraping the door handles on the pavement till those sways come off back-order.

• Members

Nick,

We have a call into a contact at Eibach in the hopes that we can motivate them to run a set. Bimmerparts has generously stepped up and offered to purchased 10 sets of bars as soon as they are available in order to support the series.

If this problem persists, we will begin looking into having a different manufacturer produce the bars for us. This will increase costs and take a little time to accurately measure the spring rates of the bars at each adjustment hole, but is definitely doable.

I do not forsee the series altering springs anytime soon.

Thanks and I am truly sorry for this issue.

jon

.. while I wrap up DE3 and get into TT this year if an alternative like that might get incorporated into the rules.

Otherwise you're going to see my car scraping the door handles on the pavement till those sways come off back-order.

Bah - comp school in July, and you're ready to come play with us! With or without sways.

• Members

Just to be clear, you could easily pick up a set of used OEM M3 sway bars and put them on the car while you are finishing the DE and TT process. There are a ton of E36 M3 sway bars around and once you install the Spec 3 springs and shocks, you will be compatible. Is it 100% ideal, no, but the car will behave quite well with them and then even better once Eibach gets off their "#@$" and makes us some more.

Just an idea and definitely a simple and cost effective solution for 3 months time.

Nick, I might have some in my garage. Let me take a look tonight and get back to you. Unfortunately I'll be going to Durham tomorrow morning and won't be back until Thursday night.

No problem Andrew, if you have some sways from a 3.2L kicking around we can work out a deal this weekend once you're back. Thanks for looking into that!

I should have the set that came off my 96 M3. I'll be back in town tonight and then heading out of town for the weekend returning on Sunday early afternoon. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can work something out.

I'll confirm tomorrow when I'm in the garage that I have them.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Chris at Bimmerparts this afternoon to order some end-links for the M3 swaybars I picked up (thanks Andrew!). He said that Eibach is estimating a 4/1 ship date on the Spec3 swaybars. But Chris is doubtful that 4/1 will really happen since they've been on back order since last summer. I'm feeling cynical today so I'll just say I'm glad I have backup swaybars now.

Keep your fingers crossed guys!