rexrover17

Another licensing question??

rexrover17

Hey Guys-

I've decided to post this question here because it seems like there is a lot of traffic on this forum. Here is the dilemna...our H4 car is ready, and short of getting teched, the only thing we need is to get licensed. And talking with people, there seems to be a few ways to get licensed. I can take the licensing class offered by a track, or I've heard that you can get signed off by passing all the HPDE classes. I've been to 7 track sessions with other groups, and have done time trials with them. Can I sign up for the HPDE at Buttonwillow, or another track day/weekend, and based on their judgement, get licensed that way? I've tried contacting nor-cal NASA by email, and no-one has responded, so I'm asking here. Any info anyone has would be great. Thank you.

Raymond

civicrr

Raymond, I am suprised that you haven't gotten a response from NorCal. That seems really odd since National (510) 232-NASA is in charge of licensing. Dave (& Jerry) are usually very responsive.

Since BW will be is a SoCal race/event, you will need to contact them about licensing. As we have already dicussed, I am pretty sure they have an 'outside vendor' run their race license program.

Anyway, if you would like to try to license @ BW, your best bet is to contact SoCal. BTW, they are @ Cali Speedway this weekend so expect a bit of a delay early next week.

Even if you can't get licensed then, coming down to drive would be a good idea. You guys could meet a bunch of Honda Challenge folks & check out the action.

Zephyr250

One rookie to another potential rookie. Do a proper NASA comp school as opposed to the comp evaluation. You will get more seat time, practice more drills as well as practice starts etc with other rookie drivers. The classroom sessions are also very helpfull too as they go over a lot of issues like race craft and mental preperation.

Z

BrianZ
One rookie to another potential rookie. Do a proper NASA comp school as opposed to the comp evaluation. You will get more seat time, practice more drills as well as practice starts etc with other rookie drivers. The classroom sessions are also very helpfull too as they go over a lot of issues like race craft and mental preperation.

Z

Do they offer a comp school in nor cal?

I spent a lot of time in HPDE4/TT before I got licensed. After each session we talked about thinks on the track and what each of us was working on. Although I never got to practice a rolling start I felt the NASA HPDE program did a VERY good job and the group leaders we have are top notch!

I was able to jump right into the race group and felt right at home..