Kill switch location

ColinO

Anybody have pics of their kill switch install? I'm thinking either on the driver's A bar or on the dash vent by the driver's window. The key thing is if there is a 'normal' location I want to make sure I'm around there.

Mine is mounted between the harness bar and diagonal on the cage, right above the stock wire routing. Easily reached by me in the seat, and someone reaching in the passenger window.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I'm getting ready to install a 4-post kill switch and had a couple questions for the guys that mounted it on the driver's A-pillar. My thought is to disconnect the two battery wires (main power and dme power?) from the power distribution block in the engine compartment, feed them back through the firewall and reroute them through the cabin to the driver's A-pillar (not sure if there's enough slack for this). Then install fresh cables from the kill switch, back through the firewall, to the distribution block. I'm thinking maybe 10 feet of cable should be plenty? Does anyone remember what gauge wire is used for the main and dme power cables?

From what I've read poking around on forums, wiring the dme power on the small posts is the way to go with our cars, but haven't seen anything definitive on that. Thoughts? Thanks in advanve for any insight. I'm trying to avoid bricking my car the night before I leave for Hyperfest.

Piper did mine and Im not sure how it was wired exactly. I believe the small ones are the 'puter. How the wires are run I dunno. Feel free to check it out at HF.