• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z06

• LateApex2121

• Varkwso

• obzezzed350

might be the same as taking a Mustang GT and adding all the points up for all the optional extra new stuff on the Boss model

might be the same as taking a Mustang GT and adding all the points up for all the optional extra new stuff on the Boss model

That is one option as well, though the base class might be better. For example, the 35th Anniversary Z has its own baseclass that is a * over the base Z. The mods that make them different add up to +9 (air dam +3, rear wing +4, brembos +2) compared to the +7 for the *.

That's just it - the Boss isnt really a Mustang GT at all. So many things are different, especially motor-wise. Ford states that you cannot really build a Boss out of parts using a 2012 GT and the FRPP catalog. Some of it, sure, but nowhere near all of it. The obvious things are easy to assign points to - adjustable shocks, for example. The fact that almost the entire head has been completely redesigned specially for this car is where it gets confusing. I do not even know where I'd begin assigning points for this.

I have heard rumors of TTB* or TTB** as a base, and this approach would seem to make some sense to me.

With a hp/weight of 8.1, this thing should be in TT-SUR. The adjusted limit for TTB is 10.25 and TTA is 8.7.

The ratio is based on whp, not at the crank.

Without me in it, I show an unadjusted 8.8:1 based on the Boss listed weight of 3650, and an established dyno run showing 414 HP at the wheels. Of course, that is without me in the car, and also without the Competition weight adjustment. Both will drive that number up, so in those terms, any more or less stock Boss will be comfortably well within TTB by this rule, at least.

At 414whp you need to be over these weights to make it over 10.250 adjusted for TTB's limit (and still be good on points as well)

Over 275 width = 3933

275-255 = 3808

245 or smaller = 3700

Sounds like a TTB** or TTA car to me - unofficial educated guess

Indeed - with driver weight and the 275's on all corners I am planning on having, should make the weight requirements for TTB no problem.

Indeed - with driver weight and the 275's on all corners I am planning on having, should make the weight requirements for TTB no problem.

That may be, but with the standard 2011 Mustang GT already classed as TTB, and you on adjustable dampers, extra chassis bracing, and a WHOLE lot more power, I would be betting on high TTA or SUR, if I were you...

Ford Mustang GT ('11) TTB 3770

I'm not sure that I see the lower-end Boss 302 fitting into TTB with the "regular" GT, especially with less weight. Note that the weight/power ratio that we can sit here and calculate is not the only factor that is used to determine the car's base classification; only one person knows the extensive formula for sure.

Then, you have the Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Boss 302S, Boss 302R...

Mark

I guess I imagine TTB* or ** would be fair. Certainly not base TTB with full points. TTB** seems the best balance to me, in all fairness. The LS probably belongs in TTA, and S/R's in SUR.

Sure would be interesting to know the "secret formula"...

My guess would be TTA (no *s). Not only for power reasons, but it has some pretty fancy things on it. No way it lands in any form of TTB, IMO (which doesnt count ).

I guess I imagine TTB* or ** would be fair. Certainly not base TTB with full points. TTB** seems the best balance to me, in all fairness. The LS probably belongs in TTA, and S/R's in SUR.

Be sure to tell Greg what class you want and think is fair!

Be sure to tell Greg what class you want and think is fair!

Thank you for this advice - I shall certainly do so!

• 2 weeks later...

Texas region needs to get ready for another horse at the top. Found the setup. Ran a 1:44.259 yesterday at MSRH sandbagging on BFG R1's. Red Meat and Racing Australian style shootout. Fun run group. Dialed a 1:46 but kept breaking out coasting. Finally making progress.