• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z06

• LateApex2121

• Varkwso

• obzezzed350

• 2 weeks later...
  • National Staff

The Boss 302 ('12) will be classed in TTA*/PTA* (seven points) at 3630 lbs.

The Laguna Seca model will not be classed, and anyone with one will need to take points for the mods on it that they keep that are not on the Boss 302 base model (splitter, rear spoiler, upgraded LSD, rear seat location chassis brace, rear springs, sway bars, etc).

The Laguna Seca model will not be classed, and anyone with one will need to take points for the mods on it that they keep that are not on the Boss 302 base model (splitter, rear spoiler, upgraded LSD, rear seat location chassis brace, rear springs, sway bars, etc).

The boss 302 over the scales in my observance this weekend was 38xx lbs.

Saw one in DE at CMP last weekend. Nice car. I want one. Laguna Seca editions are being scalped.

[rut-row]You mean a die hard vette driver wanting to convert to a Mustang.What is the world coming to.

Robert

Saw one in DE at CMP last weekend. Nice car. I want one. Laguna Seca editions are being scalped.

[rut-row]You mean a die hard vette driver wanting to convert to a Mustang.What is the world coming to.

Robert

I own a 2008 Shelby GT and 87 LX sedan. I am just not silly enough to race against Vettes in them.

I always knew you had taste,you must have been hiding it.

That shelby would sure look nice with some AI stickers on it!

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

careful, you are in dangerous waters my friend.

Edited by Guest

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I'll have Hank Padilla weigh mine this weekend at PPIR (Rocky Mountain Event). This will be a bone-stock 2012 with Recaro option. I'll post the weights.

I've also offered to provide Greg with whatever info he needs (within my budget ) for classing of this car. Will try to get it on the dyno after it gets some more break-in miles on it.

i think it's all over man. my buddy took his bone stock 302 to TWS last april. had 600 miles on it. someone posted the competition weight from the scales a few pages back. and it's been classed already amidst a bunch of drama. i think your at TTA*. ouch, i know, but like they said, "you should'a bought something else" They won't even let you take parts off to reclaim points either. and apparently, even though they counted all the parts like full points over a stock 5.0 stang, you can't for instance swap out the "factory" (aftermarket) tokico adj. shocks with another aftermarket adj. shock without taking more points!!!! if you plan on being competitive, buy a base 5.0, swap out the shocks, sways, wheels/tires and do an intake, exhaust, and a tune, and you'll be below the boss' starting point and 10 sec. faster per lap!

here's a vid of the fastest gt 5.0 (TTA) around here. the video car is the fastest TTB (e46 m3) that's usually faster than the entire tta field, except for that GT that beat him by 2-3 sec. on sat. at this track and i guess must have just barely lost on sunday since it shows the e46 has the new TTA class record there. (i was corner working un sunday so i didn't see the lap times) he sometimes runs TTA if there aren't enough TTB entries for tires. My buddy driving the boss 302 is about 6-7 seconds slower than the TTB M3 driver depending on the track. Good Luck!

http://www.youtube.com/user/kenorgeron?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/8/P1IYVhMEExE

from jvettehead:

from greg g:

The Laguna Seca model will not be classed, and anyone with one will need to take points for the mods on it that they keep that are not on the Boss 302 base model (splitter, rear spoiler, upgraded LSD, rear seat location chassis brace, rear springs, sway bars, etc)

hmmmm, so if they allow that ^^^^ maybe they are gonna let you remove parts over the base gt to reclaim points? that's strange, because in another thread he specifically told my buddy that it was ultimately up to him (greg g) and the answer was no. i wonder why the change of heart? maybe it won't be so bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty car but will get spanked by a TTB GT vs stock TTA Boss. You can build a faster base GT and so the legend dies...

2835645560095188816S600x600Q85.jpg

Your going to need some eibach camber bolts up front until then try 3f/2r on the shock settings

careful, you are in dangerous waters my friend.

WHAT?

• 1 month later...

Drove my '12 Boss the other week at MSRH in 101 F weather. It did all right. Stone stock it ran 2 seconds faster than the '11 GT I had. Not sure why someone on this forum said it's slow, but it is anything but slow. Power everywhere. Never ran out of gear vs rpm like the GT motor does. Coolant temps got alittle hot, but when it's 101 outside that will happen. No notice in power loss like the GT had. The GT would pull so much power after a few laps, anything would pass me.

I like the car. The adjustable shocks really work to controll the car. The stock pads never faded like some articles claim. I smelled them the first session, but after that no loss in pedal pressure. The GT, with stock pads, would come off track smoking. The Recaro seats actually hold me in place. Not as many bruises the next day. The Torsen diff puts the power down and doesn't spit fluid everywhere like the GT's diff. Better car.

Was on track with a GT3 and you can see he never pulls on me. Then later in the video I catch an M3 on Hoosiers. Ford made a fun car!!

The good thing about a Mustang vs Vette is wait long enough an the Vette will break. My vette cost way too much to operate. Takes all the fun out of going to the track. I put three thousand track miles on my '11 GT before getting rid of it. The only issue I had was the rear brakes started sticking. They would not release. Traded it in and didn't lose a dime. The new Mustang is cheap like a Miata, but has a V8!

The good thing about a Mustang vs Vette is wait long enough an the Vette will break. My vette cost way too much to operate. Takes all the fun out of going to the track. I put three thousand track miles on my '11 GT before getting rid of it. The only issue I had was the rear brakes started sticking. They would not release. Traded it in and didn't lose a dime. The new Mustang is cheap like a Miata, but has a V8!

Our Thunder race last June looked like a Mustang graveyard.

Our Thunder race last June looked like a Mustang graveyard.

I think I counted 4...on the same lap

What year Mustang? SN95 models? Yeah I can believe that. Those cars are horrible. Need to change everything for the car to live on the track. The new 5.0 is way better. Handles better. Brakes better. It's miles ahead of older models and even the '10 model.

Hey I own a vette so I get to make fun of them! I have put up with that car's crap and spent so much money on it. My vette breaks constantly. Will I sell it? Nah, too much fun when it does run. Just not sure when it will run again.

3000 track miles and no issues speaks for itself. Right?

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty car but will get spanked by a TTB GT vs stock TTA Boss. You can build a faster base GT and so the legend dies...

I dont mean to resurect a dead thread... but.....

I have a 00 GT with less than 300RWHP. All in all the car is worth maybe 15k if I found the right buyer, half that if I was to sell it to anyone on the street. American Muscle did a comparo of the Bos 302 and the Camaro SS around NJMP Lighting, the Boss Ran 1.20 and the camaro 1.22 by I'd imagine a somewhat skilled driver.

My average times on that track are 1.16-1.17, in a car with about 100hp less, a lot less money, and classed in TTB.

So is the Boss a cool street car yes, cool DE car sure. Something I would buy to be competitive in TT - far from it.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont mean to resurect a dead thread... but.....

I have a 00 GT with less than 300RWHP. All in all the car is worth maybe 15k if I found the right buyer, half that if I was to sell it to anyone on the street. American Muscle did a comparo of the Bos 302 and the Camaro SS around NJMP Lighting, the Boss Ran 1.20 and the camaro 1.22 by I'd imagine a somewhat skilled driver.

My average times on that track are 1.16-1.17, in a car with about 100hp less, a lot less money, and classed in TTB.

So is the Boss a cool street car yes, cool DE car sure. Something I would buy to be competitive in TT - far from it.

The difference between your posted times and American Muscle is the standing start. Boss had a horrible start and Camaro smoked it's tires. I am sure your posting lap times at speed. Also, what mods have you done to the '00 GT? Times quoted on street tires?

By all appearances, the Boss and Camaro are bone stock lapping on street rubber.

That is not true. Having owned an '11 GT and now a '12 Boss, the Boss has a much stronger motor than the GT. More hp equals faster lap times. Also, my stock Boss is 2 seconds a lap faster than my old GT (stock) in 101 degree heat.