Pot-O-Gold Rush Video Thread

sperkins

Don't see a video thread yet, so I guess I'll start one.

Here's Saturday's Thunder race in the PTA group. Trying desperately to catch the red corvette in front of me.

I made the pass on the last lap, but the yellow had already flown. frown5.gif

My first ever race. Pretty fun stuff.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cobra4B

• jason

• drivinhardz06

• sperkins

Due to operator error I didn't turn my camera on for the mock race, sorry.

Here's Saturday's Thunder race, trying to catch 2! red corvettes:

Heres my video shot from the roll cage of my 1987 BMW 325is SpecE30 build. This was the fifth HPDE3/4 combined session on Sunday. This is about the only session that my camera decided to fully record. This was my first weekend on a set of well used Toyo RA1 tires. I was able to put down a couple 01:49 second laps amongst the traffic in this session. Highlights include getting a point bye from the yellow GT3 and the E92 M3 holding me up on multiple laps including killing my momentum in turn 7 only to give me a point bye and never even think about lifting.

Yep, best 2pt mod ever. Have enough pts left for 225 A6s, just gotta save my lunch money

oh no not another one on the A6 crackpipe!

I think you will be in the 37's in the winter with those

Scott and Jason, great job on your first race.

...and Mark.

You guys ran great!

Yes they did...

Thanks guys. It was definitely a blast.

Just what we needed, a bigger hit off the crack pipe.

GeneSplicer

Here's Saturday's 3rd DE4 session... sure was fun! Hope I didn't piss any of you off - was my 1st weekend in open passing - trying to be cautious. I've GOT to stop this bad in-car point bye thing - sorry guys. There are several other if you search under my user name... Rafa, send me a pm!

Edited by Guest
Heres my video shot from the roll cage of my 1987 BMW 325is SpecE30 build. This was the fifth HPDE3/4 combined session on Sunday. This is about the only session that my camera decided to fully record. This was my first weekend on a set of well used Toyo RA1 tires. I was able to put down a couple 01:49 second laps amongst the traffic in this session. Highlights include getting a point bye from the yellow GT3 and the E92 M3 holding me up on multiple laps including killing my momentum in turn 7 only to give me a point bye and never even think about lifting.

Nice vid. You sure can handle that e30. Sorry if I held you up out of 10b a bit.

A little TT action..

You're really hauling in that car.... love seeing a Sentra up the butt of a Viper

3rd TT session Saturday -

3rd TT session Sunday -

Lots of Ferrari chasing... finally put up a good enough lap in the 3rd Sunday session to get gridded ahead for the 4th.

drivinhardz06

My sorry sunday thunder race. cracked a rotor on the warm up lap and had to limp around to bag some points, watching scott and jason drive off

I could cap my front straight speed, let off early, float it in 1 hard, lift 2/3 the way up the hill, just barely brush them to jump T3, then lift early before T5 and use 3rd to slow me down. Ie, really no brakes from 10a to 6 I was trying to stay off them so I wouldn't turn a 1 pc rotor into a 2 pc rotor

http://vimeo.com/21048859

smokinjoe

Thanks guys. It was definitely a blast.

Just what we needed, a bigger hit off the crack pipe.

Peer pressure.. I'm giving in. BTW, hats off to all the TT drivers this weekend, everyone played nice, cept for that backmarker Supra holding up traffic. Who was that guy.. a provisional?

Nice vid. You sure can handle that e30. Sorry if I held you up out of 10b a bit.

No worries man. I wanted to make sure I let all you big HP boys through early on so I wouldn't be holding anyone up.