headofdog

Travel to Cherokee suggestions requested

headofdog

Hello

We are leaving Friday am from Cincinnati OH. As I see it, we have two options for the trip South; I-75 all the way or I-65 to I-24. Normally, I would take I-75 all the way but I've heard there is some road construction around the KY TN boarder that has Southbound reduced to one lane. Has anyone see this construction first hand? If so, what delays may we be facing? Also, would the extra 70 miles or so going 65 to 24 be worth it to miss any possible delays?

Lots of questions but any help would be appreciated.

wvonkessler

That section of I-75 has been reduced to one lane because of a rock/mud slide. I do not know its current status. I'd probably avoid it.

Tony Dacres

My source of such information, my son Brent, tells me that I75 was closed for something like a week and a half, with a 30 mile detour.

It's now open.

I will be going down Wednesday. If it's closed, I could call and let you know. If you don't hear from me, it's open. I just need a number.

We need to get together. We're in Cincinnati too.

Tony Dacres

AA8EI

Asst Clerk of the Course

CTIR

tomtusa

Alert - Interstate 75

Interstate 75 southbound : at Tennessee State Line

delays , roadway reduced to one lane , width limit in effect , length limit in effect because the road surface has collapsed -

Comment: Tennessee\n has constructed a cross over around the surface collapse, from mile 144 to 141 . All drivers are encouraged to use I-75, with due caution in the construction area. WIDE LOADS MUST EXIT OFF I-75 SOUTH AT THE 160 MILE POST, IN TENN., AND FOLLOW THE DETOUR

John K Shirley
Alert - Interstate 75

Interstate 75 southbound : at Tennessee State Line

delays , roadway reduced to one lane , width limit in effect , length limit in effect because the road surface has collapsed -

Comment: Tennessee\n has constructed a cross over around the surface collapse, from mile 144 to 141 . All drivers are encouraged to use I-75, with due caution in the construction area. WIDE LOADS MUST EXIT OFF I-75 SOUTH AT THE 160 MILE POST, IN TENN., AND FOLLOW THE DETOUR

Guys, if you are coming from Cinnci I would suggest I-65 to Nashville, I-24 to Chattanooga.

John K. Shirley

Cherokee Trails International Rally