How are points assessed for rain tires?

Cobra4B

Goodyear rain tires are the best. No comparison to any street tire, even when old. I have ran them on test days at Road Atlanta, turning lap times in the high 1:40's with rivers of standing water.

Goodyear rain tires are the best. No comparison to any street tire, even when old. I have ran them on test days at Road Atlanta, turning lap times in the high 1:40's with rivers of standing water.

Same for Hoosier rains... but lots of people don't have the resources (spare wheels) to sit on a $1000+ set of rain tires just in case it rains.... with a good street tire, you at least have options.

I have a set of 5 year old Hoosier rains with about 5 heat cycles, but I've yet to use them (bought used).

Think they still have any grip left being that old?

I have a set of 5 year old Hoosier rains with about 5 heat cycles, but I've yet to use them (bought used).

Think they still have any grip left being that old?

I had the same.... Since it was more about channelling water and not as much about sticky rubber, mine seemed to work fine. Was still going 140 down the back straight at RA and couldn't see anything but spray from Reese Cox's vette for 4 laps...