Toyo tire availability

Big Dog

As of this point, I am unable to find any new tires. It seems that we have all been buying up what we can.

I am also led to believe that there are a good number of 225/45/R15 tires available in the Toyo system.

If our 225/50 tires are, in fact, all gone, should we consider using the 225/45 tire as an allowed alternative while we wait for production to resume on the /50 size. This tire is shorter, which will change the gearing. This could be an advantage as some tracks and a disadvantage at other tracks but it is what it is. It seems to be the closest to our present tire and keeps us on "similar" Toyo's. Of course, someone needs to determine how many of the 225/45 tires are available so that we don't make that move just to find that they run out in the next several months as well.

944-Spec Directors, given the current situation where our /50 tires are now unavailable, the class MUST have an alternative available now, not later. I have agreed with Joe's thoughts on not panicking, up to this point, but now, if in fact racers are unable to purchase our spec tire, fairness demands that we have a viable alternative and have it now. The alternative needs to be as close to an "equal" tire as possible, of course.

Please work with the folks at the National office to determine the best alternative tire for us to be able to use and let us know. In fact, please keep us informed on the progress of the discussions so that we are not all waiting in the deep darkness of night.

Big Dog Foxx

The specs are 22.9 vs 23.9" diameter and 9.2 vs 9.0" in width. (45 vs 55)

It will make a difference but it would be slight. It is a better choice compared to a totally different tire.

At least we may be able to keep the Toyo Bucks program active through Nationals this year. Then make a change if need be.

205/50/15 is another options, and cheaper, which is Michael's point. I will be on the phone with JWL this weekend. Part of what will play into this is what the national availability of these sizes are, at this time.

FWIW, we just got a big shipment from TreadZone for the local guys here in the PacNW. Good service and prices on Toyos and BFG R1.

Just a little personal endorsement...