Miata in ST2

carisma

I know this is my thread and that what I am about to post isn't about ST2 or anything but since it dealt with Miata I thought I would ask. I've been told this is a PS'd Miata but I was wondering if they were mistaken.

5c2ef269.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dtfastbear

• jrgordonsenior

• carisma

• Timmay

Those are 5 lug wheels, which *could* be done but I haven't heard about anyone doing if F/R for a racing application. And given the proportions of the tire aspect ratio and wheel size to the rest of the car, this doesn't look "real" to me. But if it is, I want to drive it!

• 4 weeks later...

The 2010 PTA championship winning car is a Mazdaspeed Miata with a Flyin' Miata turbo kit. Its de-tuned to make PTA power/weight and has huge potential to go faster still.

Its running the EP body kits (bumper cover/air dam, flared fender front and rear), 225/50/15 R6's.

With a ST2 tune it could make 350 hp all day long. Add the aero for ST (out of points in PT) plus larger tires and it would easily be a competitive car in ST2. Where it would struggle is torque.