West Coasts new AIX Outlaw racing only 1/2 price entry fee!!

47car

We had some truly awesome racing last weekend as everyone will see when the video is finished. Ross Murray took the win on both days but every single car had the lead at some point in the weekend. To our surprise, rookie AI drivers Steve and Tim both kicked ass this weekend. Tim lead the saturday race most of the race if I remember correctly and Steve had fast lap in many of the sessions. Ross, Ryan and I were not expecting that to happen but completely stoked on the close racing. Without a doubt, some of the best AI racing I personally have seen on the west coast and its going to get better! Adam should be coming out with a more detailed race report soon.

In our first face to face drivers meeting we voted on some changes. We decided to call our new group "AIX Outlaw" and will have some stickers made soon to reflect that. We also decided that the prize money would be better spent helping new drivers join the group. Instead of most of the money going to the season winners, we are going to give every racer 200 bucks towards their entry expense (or whatever they want) for their first 4 races. This is better since people coming in late in the season or rookie drivers that dont have a good shot at the podium will still get some sponsor money and a little help to come and join the fray. Payment will be in check form after the race weekend. Tim and Steve please send me your address so I can mail your checks!

We also talked about moving more towards using data acquisition to govern everyones HP levels. We used traqmates this last weekend and should have the data soon. We are still using dyno numbers until we get that figured out.

We got alot of interest at the track in this new group. Alot of people seem to like the open tire rules and the mod factor style of HP to weight rules. It definitely opens the group up to more cars and allows people to run what they have rather than buying new tires or motor mods. We have 3 new competitors solidly interested that just need to finish up their car or get a comp license.

As far as schedule goes, the rest of the AI schedule is looking pretty solid other that the next Thunderhill race. A few of the racers have schedule conflicts so that is a maybe at this point. Tim is trying to recruit some more Norcal guys to fill in the grid but that race is up in the air at the moment.

I want to thank everyone for showing up and having some fun battles on the track. Comaraderie was high and having fun has been our main focus of the group. It was a giant success. We had 6 video cameras going and caught some great action. Video should be done in a week or so.

Last weekend was a blast! That was my first w2w race and can’t wait to do it again. I will for sure be at all the SoCal AI races this year. I am amazed at how even the field was (lap times within 1 sec) given the fact that our cars are so different, we had 4 brands of tires and drivers of varying experience levels. I think we've got a good formula so far.

Can’t wait to see the video Corey, for sure there were some good battles out there. Lead changes, off tracks, traffic, restarts…..I think we pretty much had it all covered. It was great racing with you guys, bummed we can’t do it again next weekend!

That was definitely the most fun I've had on the track. 5 cars nose to tail for most of Saturday's race was really exciting. I've only raced in ST2 prior to this weekend which is fun, but this is where these cars belong. Anybody sitting on the sidelines has no excuse now.

Anybody in Norcal who wants to race at the May Thunderhill event get in contact with me, Corey or Adam. We need to keep the momentum going.

It's about time. Thank you to 47car for "stoking the fire".

Timmay, tearing it up. With the A6/306 combo?

Sorry I missed it. I had a date with the ss mustangs and got pounded.

That's A6/302 if we want to get picky I was on old A6 and they really dropped off at 5 or 6 laps in each session. Much quicker drop off than a fresh set in my experience. I'm up in the air about running Rs or As for the next race. You'd be very competitive in this group if you put some sticky tires on your car based on your lap times I've seen at Thill and Infineon.

You are welcome Brian. This outlaw group does seem like a better fit for your car as it is.

Hmmmm, maybe its time to reapply for my license and get the engine back in the car.

Corey, you're doing a great job at kick-starting AI on the west coast.

Many Thanks

Bob Holmes

Hmmmm, maybe its time to reapply for my license and get the engine back in the car.

Corey, you're doing a great job at kick-starting AI on the west coast.

Many Thanks

Bob Holmes

Yes! it is that time!! Thanks Bob.

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody posted a video of the AIX Outlaw race, but it looks like they removed it. Any word if it will get posted back up???

Somebody posted a video of the AIX Outlaw race, but it looks like they removed it. Any word if it will get posted back up???

that was our first cut. making some changes and will post soon!