WHICH TT CLASS FOR A 944-SPEC

RACER-X

I built a 944-Spec car over this winter. http://www.944spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-build/9155-new-car-build

I'm sharing it with another driver. We'll take turns driving it in the 944-Spec races. We're also thinking about doing TT with it. This way both of us would be able to get track time with the car on the same day. I know some race cars fall into a specific class but can't find the 944-Spec anywhere.

My question is this........Do I need to tally up mods and take points OR does it slot in somewhere? If it slots in somewhere what class then.

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by Guest

i think depends on what's done. borderline TTE or just into TTD. some things just allowed in 944 spec count as major points. like LSD, short 5th.

39 points is border between TTE and TTD.

way i see it:

start in TTF*

+14 off the bat

+1 225/50 tire size

+7 R888's

+13 up to 185lb weight reduction (stock weight 2779 - spec weight 2600 = 179lb)

=35 so already in TTE u can pick 4 points of the following to stay in TTE

+1 exhaust

+1 cat removal

+3 shocks

+2 springs/tbars

+2 sway bars

+3 lsd

+3 short 5th

i guess u could try to stay in TTE with a spec car by running 215 tires for 1 less point, adding 10 ballast for "up to 170lb reduction" for another point. that gets u 33 to start with. +3 shock, +2 springs/tbars, +1 cat. and have to run with stock sway bars and stock exhaust system...and stock aero and everything else.

• National Staff
i think depends on what's done. borderline TTE or just into TTD. some things just allowed in 944 spec count as major points. like LSD, short 5th.

39 points is border between TTE and TTD.

way i see it:

start in TTF*

+14 off the bat

+1 225/50 tire size

+7 R888's

+13 up to 185lb weight reduction (stock weight 2779 - spec weight 2600 = 179lb)

=35 so already in TTE u can pick 4 points of the following to stay in TTE

+1 exhaust

+1 cat removal

+3 shocks

+2 springs/tbars

+2 sway bars

+3 lsd

+3 short 5th

i guess u could try to stay in TTE with a spec car by running 215 tires for 1 less point, adding 10 ballast for "up to 170lb reduction" for another point. that gets u 33 to start with. +3 shock, +2 springs/tbars, +1 cat. and have to run with stock sway bars and stock exhaust system...and stock aero and everything else.

Exhaust is +2. You are correct that most that are fully prepped and run at their 944 spec weight would end up just into TTD. So, if a driver wants to prep for TTE where the car would be more competitive, there would need to be some adjustment to the weight, etc. Also, depending on the final Dynojet max HP, one could possibly benefit from a Dyno re-class. However, I think we looked at one car a few years ago, and it didn't help much at the 944 Spec weight.