Texas round 3

Al F.

• Members

Looks like Covini, Phil, and myself are going to take the three podium spots in all four races at this event...since we're the only ones signed up right now! Come on guys, get with it

John, The car should be over at Cresson with a running engine on Friday to have the seat and fire bottle installed. Doesn't leave me much time to finish off the little things before comp school, but if it's worth doing, it's worth waiting until the last minute!

I wanted to wait to sign up: I was afraid that if I signed up early no one else would register because they knew that they would never be able to compete with my freshly lightened and aligned car.

So I've got 1st in the bag. I'd say Kevin has a 99.5% chance of racking up 2nd. That leaves 3rd place for the rest of you to fight over.

Based on the fact that Ryan's car just had the top end of the motor rebuilt by the premier 944 Spec shop in country, I'd say that we should all be worried about Ryan come Sunday!

-bj

Looks like Covini, Phil, and myself are going to take the three podium spots in all four races at this event...since we're the only ones signed up right now! Come on guys, get with it

Al:

I am working on snagging a car down here. But even though I been racing since the 1970's (all 2 wheels) I got to do the DE's etc to get up there with ya'll. But I am coming. If I dont get in there for this pass, ya'll keep it up until next year and you will get some new, fresh (well kind of old-er ) guys to race with.

Is there a spot where we are all going to park our trailers/RV's? I'm camping on site.

Ryan

Though it is dusty, I'd vote for the area where the elevated pit boxes are. I set up camp there two weeks ago for ChumpCar and really liked it. It is close to bathrooms, and you can use the elevated pit boxes to park you car under.

-bj

I've always set up on the "runway" in the infield, aligned with the outside of the carousel, so my little boy has some room to run around and we're away from the main paddock traffic. I'm heading to the track tomorrow (family is coming on Saturday), and catching up with some friends (running AIX and HPDE), who I think are setting up near the fence past the far side of the garages. I'm not committed to either of those, though, so I'm open to whatever as long as it provides a reasonable level of safety for my son. Under the balcony like BJ suggests would be OK and keep us out of the sun which would be a plus. Haven't talked to Al yet, so don't know where he's planning on parking his rolling Taj Mahal.

• Members

Excellent, looks like we'll have a good field. We have a bit of work to do since apparently the Covini machine is still in pieces, but it'll be there tomorrow. I should be in around mid day tomorrow. I dont have a lot of options of where to park the rv, but I have the 4wheeler so no worries.

Oh, I also have two kegs

So I've got 1st in the bag. I'd say Kevin has a 99.5% chance of racking up 2nd. That leaves 3rd place for the rest of you to fight over.

Based on the fact that Ryan's car just had the top end of the motor rebuilt by the premier 944 Spec shop in country, I'd say that we should all be worried about Ryan come Sunday!

-bj

Ummmm...MY car is about to have the top end of the motor rebuilt by the premier 944 driver with assistance from the premier 944 Spec shop in the country in the hours prior to Saturday's first race....so I'd say that y'all better be worried about Covini come Sunday!!! Those full tread tires are slowly coming in for the Fernandez & Covini fellars...don't count them out too soon!!!

-=- Todd

PS - I'm going to need power, lights and a work bench...but don't care where I paddock...as long as it's close to the beer.

I'm going to need:

• power - CHECK
  • lights - CHECK
  • and a work bench - CHECK
  • as long as it's close to the beer - CHECK got beer in the trailer, too

We'll have you up and running for Saturday, no problem!

-bj