Aftermarket Cooling Fans

genikz

Is anybody running aftermarket cooling fans? I found a number of universal fan setups on eBay for about $30.

I have the late 6-blade fans, but they're starting to make a lot of noise and I don't have much faith in them. I can find replacement fan motors/blades, but I'd rather buy something new, and maybe even lighter. I'm just curious is running fans without a shroud is an issue. I auto-x the car often, so sitting in grid with both fans on is common place for me.

FWIW, I've hard wired the fans to switches, so no worries aobut wiring them.

Thanks,

Chris

I would trust Ebay fans either. A single SPAL 13" fan, or a dual fan set up would work. Fanguy.com has pretty good deals on them, which is where I got mine.

I would trust Ebay fans either. A single SPAL 13" fan, or a dual fan set up would work. Fanguy.com has pretty good deals on them, which is where I got mine.

Are you running the slim line fans? Also are you only running one fan or two? I'm considering doing this to make more room in the engine bay and free up the load the OEM fans draw.

Are you running the slim line fans? Also are you only running one fan or two? I'm considering doing this to make more room in the engine bay and free up the load the OEM fans draw.

A single fan on the hot side of the radiator should be enough to keep it cool on the grid. Running with out a shroud results in slightly warmer temps when not moving, but cooler temps when in motion.

-bj