Mazdacomp Diff

juliancates

I'll check with John Mueller - national series director. He usually watches the activity on mazdaracers.com pretty closely, so posting there regarding tech questions is your best bet.

Howdy Y'all. Okay, I take a week off and crazy things happen.

If SCCA approves this I'd expect NASA to follow to retain harmony. However, personally at this time in this economic climate I am not in favor of it.

If SCCA approves this I'd expect NASA to follow to retain harmony. However, personally at this time in this economic climate I am not in favor of it.

Thanks, John. I'm in favor of it not so I can run out and buy it, but because I have no other viable option when my perfectly fine existing Mazdacomp diff eventually dies.

Thanks, John. I'm in favor of it not so I can run out and buy it, but because I have no other viable option when my perfectly fine existing Mazdacomp diff eventually dies.

SCCA has approved it, they just haven't put it in Fast Track yet so Drago and the boys can't comment to much publicly. It will be in the June issue I understand. I agree with Julian that it's not a matter of money or performance, it's a matter of replacing something that isn't available. From what I understand the company that was making the Mazda Comp diff stopped making it leaving Mazda without anything to replace it. It's seems it will be the same price as the MC was and about what it would be to do a Torsen swap from a race shop.

Dave