Hallett Summer Shootout

Al F.

• Members

Well we couldnt convince the RMR guys to come down to TWS last weekend so we're calling out anyone, RMR or otherwise, this time for the Hallett Summer Shootout June 11-12. This is THE event of the year outside of the Championships. The course is short, tight, twisty, and hilly. There is absolutely nothing anywhere near the track so camping on site and partying away untill wee hours of the morning is required. Due to lack of DE sessions the amount of track time is unreal! Last year the AI/CMC crew set up a four race Championships style shootout (grid for the big show set based on points accumulated over the weekend) and it was tremendous with just over two hours of green flag time.

The schedule is work in progress, and it'll be based on attendance, so sign up early. Remember NASA will give you your money back if you end up not being able to go.

• Members

The Hallett Summer Shootout racing format is different than our typical race weekends, closer in fact to the format run at the Championship weekends. Exact details of the schedule will be published closer to the event date, but this is the format:

We will start the weekend with a warmup and a qualifying session for the first race. We will then run three "qualifying races", each approximately 25 minutes. All of these are points scoring races for the regional championships, and the first is a Toyo race for applicable classes. Starting grid for races 2 and 3 will depend on the class: finish order of the previous race, best lap time during the previous race, invert from the previousace, etc. Those details will be resolved soon.

Total points collected (no drops! lol) during the first three races will be used to set the grid for race 4; a 45 minute winner take all showdown to determine the Summer Shootout Winner!! This fourth race will also be a Toyo race for applicable classes.

With over two hours of green flag racing, a Championship style qualification format that requires consistency, the world famous Hallett Saturday night party, and drivers participating from multiple NASA regions you do not want to miss this event!!

• 4 weeks later...

Have fun at Hallett! I love that track! I was hoping to come up there and help out/spectate, but I have a conflict that weekend with the non-profit I work with. I cant wait to hear the race report!

-Curt