NASA FL Homestead 5/22/11 Miata crash

s2k4TTC

bah, only racers that can't TT well say racing is more fun

They're equally fun, just different. Putting together a perfect lap when the conditions are their best and the car is at its best isn't easy

I said more intense, not more fun.

A perfect lap in qualy or TT is a hard thing to do. No doubt about it. Definetly more critical in TT, than W2W. If you are a couple tenths off in W2W, you can make up for it in the race. TT you have to be spot on balls out at the right time, conditions, traffic. Not an easy thing to do

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TurboShortBus

• kbrew8991

• 32EVOIX

• obzezzed350

Victor's car will be back up and running for the july event, Jeff over @ AutoTechnik Racing is gettin her done!

What is this July event of which you speak? Our region doesn't do anything from late June until early September.

Mark

I think that really sucks!

There wasn't much option once you're committed to the turn. You did the right thing avoiding Jimmy's Evo, and the Mini was just in the wrong spot. The only way to have avoided this was to have been more conservative going into 10 if you could have noticed issues with the Mini more in advance. Hope that the car is back on track again soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Dude is that the car from some years ago? I don't remember, age and that sort of thing, you know.

That is the exact result of my first day in HPDE-1 back in November 2007, thanks in part to Homestead turn 10. SVO purists everywhere are still throwing up in their shoes. Note to self: Tire walls are less forgiving than you would think.

Mark

psst, hey pal...wanna part that out?

psst, hey pal...wanna part that out?

Warning! Warning! Illegal, sir, illegal! Lifetime ban from SVOCA.com! SVOCA.com members will boycott your eBay auctions!

Mark