Cool shirt question

johnalley

Can I mount the cooler for the cool shirt system on the deck area behind the passenger seat in a 2004 Z06? I was thinking of strapping it to the harness bar so it is easy to fill when needed. It would be strapped so that it could not move in the event of an off track experience.

I wouldn't for three reasons. If it leaks (and you will forget to latch it one time), it'll be splashing around your face. Second, its alot of weight to put up high thereby hurting performance. Third, and most important, if it comes loose in an accident, its now at head level!

I fabbed a custom bracket and put mine in the rear center tub. Still need to get a strap to hold it in place and wire it to a switch on my center panel.

DSCF4911.jpg

DSCF4905.jpg

DSCF4912.jpg

DSCF4913.jpg

I would mount it as low as possible. You could mount it in the passenger foot well in a way that you could remove it if you need to take a passenger in the car at an HPDE. Mount the mounting try in the car and remove the cooler when not in use. See post above for some good reasons not to put it where you were thinking.

I fabbed a custom bracket and put mine in the rear center tub. Still need to get a strap to hold it in place and wire it to a switch on my center panel.

Fancy, and I was just going to bolt a battery tray down, and attach the cooler to it with the strap...

Fancy, and I was just going to bolt a battery tray down, and attach the cooler to it with the strap...

If I had a battery try that would fit it all properly I'd have done that. The rear center tub in a C5 isn't 100% flat so getting it setup correctly took some trial and error, but I figured out a way to make it work.

If I had a battery try that would fit it all properly I'd have done that. The rear center tub in a C5 isn't 100% flat so getting it setup correctly took some trial and error, but I figured out a way to make it work.

You just need to get a battery tray for a C5 real well

lingenfelter makes a bling battery relocation box,but I bet it's $$ and is too big for a cool suit cooler...

• 2 months later...

Another suggestion - strap it into the passenger seat when otherwise unoccupied. As long as the hose connection clears, as it does in my Ultrashield 15" aluminum seats, it will work. If I have an instructor/student/passenger strapped in, I just do without the cool shirt.