Infineon June 11/12 Who's Going?

Billy Bass

I'm signed up in ST2 . What kind of turnout are we going to have? If we don't get more than 3 cars in ST2 this time then it might be time to find another class to race in. The problem is I can't afford more hp and it will be very difficult to remove more than 50 lbs from my car which leaves me pretty much stuck at 8.7 lbs/hp. Spec E30 looks pretty fun...

Cool Steve, I'll see you there. I'll be in the Dodge truck section of the paddock . I'll run SU with you unless there are 3 or more ST2 cars. Looking forward to it!

Bill unfortunately I can't make it and just released my room at Inn Marin. Work has been sporatic at best this past year so I have to take it when it comes. I'm still planning on a run up North sometime this year, maybe Sears in September...

I'm planning on BW in 3 weeks (June 25-26) if you feel like heading South....

Bill unfortunately I can't make it and just released my room at Inn Marin. Work has been sporatic at best this past year so I have to take it when it comes. I'm still planning on a run up North sometime this year, maybe Sears in September...

I'm planning on BW in 3 weeks (June 25-26) if you feel like heading South....

No problem. Perfectly understandable. I'm planning on coming down to run ST2 at ACS at the end of July so maybe I'll see you there.

• 1 month later...

Bill if you're still planning on joining us for Cal Speedway the entry fee will increase by $50. after this Friday. Hope you can make it, there will be some fast ST2 cars there...

Oh, thanks for the info John. I will sign up tomorrow. I'm doing some maintenance to my vette right now. Broken rear diff and replacing the stock valve springs and lifters with new ones after about 10,000 track miles. It should be ready to roll by next week. How many ST2 cars do you expect down there? It will be fun to race in a larger ST2 field because it's been dead in NorCal this year. Can't even get 3 cars in ST2. I'll be in my vette with aero this time so it will be interesting to see the difference that makes especially in the oval. You were going WAY faster than I was through turns 1 and 2! I've never driven an oval before this year and it was pretty intimidating.

Bill.

Oh, thanks for the info John. I will sign up tomorrow. I'm doing some maintenance to my vette right now. Broken rear diff and replacing the stock valve springs and lifters with new ones after about 10,000 track miles. It should be ready to roll by next week. How many ST2 cars do you expect down there? It will be fun to race in a larger ST2 field because it's been dead in NorCal this year. Can't even get 3 cars in ST2. I'll be in my vette with aero this time so it will be interesting to see the difference that makes especially in the oval. You were going WAY faster than I was through turns 1 and 2! I've never driven an oval before this year and it was pretty intimidating.

Bill.

Oh great, you mean you'll be even faster? You did incredibly well for your first time at CS. A 1:48:0 (IIRC) is right there with the fastest T1 Corvettes we have that also run ST2 with a wing. I suspect you'll be in the 46/47's with me.

Both of my closest competitors will be there. One is in a fire breathing Mazda that was second in the Nationals last year (he should have won). The other a really trick BMW. The 3 of us battle it out very closely. There is usually a contingent of Mazda GT's that join us though I don't know if they're coming or not. I'll call their shop tomorrow and ask. It would be really great if one of our local Corvettes would show up. They've been noticably absent this year in ST2. Think I'll sent out some feelers....

Cool, sounds like a great group of cars/drivers! I'm looking forward to it. I expect this car to be a bit faster overall with the aero and I will try not to lift so much in turn 2 this time... I think a corvette is pretty well suited to that track since it's a heavier car with more hp. You guys would kill me at Buttonwillow based on the lap times I saw.

Cool, sounds like a great group of cars/drivers! I'm looking forward to it. I expect this car to be a bit faster overall with the aero and I will try not to lift so much in turn 2 this time... I think a corvette is pretty well suited to that track since it's a heavier car with more hp. You guys would kill me at Buttonwillow based on the lap times I saw.

The ST2/T1 Corvettes have always done well at Cal Speedway. Oli has the Cal Club record there at 1:46:6x, and Ryan Cashin's run low 47's IIRC. Assuming you're around 385whp what weight do you have to carry? I'm 2625 with approx. 265 whp on slicks....

Your car must be a blast to drive at that weight. I can tell from your video that it's light and has a pretty stiff suspension. You would probably do very well at Infineon with that setup. Are you going to Mid Ohio this year? My LS6 engine was only putting down 366 rwhp in my blue car with headers and a tune as measured at the Thunderhill dyno and my tuner's dyno. That's 20-30 hp lower than a good T1 C5 car should have, so I moved that old engine into my ST2 car a few months ago (right after my race at Cal Speedway) and installed a new crate LS6 in the T1 car. The engine that came with my ST2 car was toast and had broken piston rings pushing water into the oil etc. The old LS6 engine makes 372 rwhp in the ST2 car and my tuner pulled a couple degrees of timing above 6000 rpm to keep it there. I just checked the compression on the engine a couple days ago and it's lower than it should be, but consistent. My target weight is about 3,250 lbs.

Your car must be a blast to drive at that weight. I can tell from your video that it's light and has a pretty stiff suspension. You would probably do very well at Infineon with that setup. Are you going to Mid Ohio this year? My LS6 engine was only putting down 366 rwhp in my blue car with headers and a tune as measured at the Thunderhill dyno and my tuner's dyno. That's 20-30 hp lower than a good T1 C5 car should have, so I moved that old engine into my ST2 car a few months ago (right after my race at Cal Speedway) and installed a new crate LS6 in the T1 car. The engine that came with my ST2 car was toast and had broken piston rings pushing water into the oil etc. The old LS6 engine makes 372 rwhp in the ST2 car and my tuner pulled a couple degrees of timing above 6000 rpm to keep it there. I just checked the compression on the engine a couple days ago and it's lower than it should be, but consistent. My target weight is about 3,250 lbs.

I tried many spring combinations with my Clubsports and ended up fairly light at 550f/700r. It's feels stiff to me too but it really isn't compared to a GT3 cup with 1400/1500 lb. springs.

I absolutely love the sound of a tight LS6 motor. It's an interesting paradux trying to compare 2 cars that run similar lap times but have a 100+ difference in WHP and 600lbs.of weight. Hopefully my brakes last longer ....

Can't make Mid Ohio this year though I'd really love to take on the 2 Corvettes that won ST2 the last 2 years. Both will be there but it's just too far this year. Maybe 2012....