TT at SEBRING on June 25-26, 2011

TurboShortBus

OK, how many of you TT drivers from other regions have the huevos to come down to Sebring in a few weeks to run with us on June 25-26? We'll be on the full, 3.7-mile, 12-hour course. Sure, it's hot there in June, but Road Atlanta in August is actually worse, and Sebring has garage stalls! And yes, I realize that the Road Atlanta event is on the weekend before this one, but note that we have several TT and race drivers who are heading up to RA and will also be at Sebring, so that's no longer a valid excuse. Hell, I'll probably even be at RA as a spectator.

The preliminary entry list and discussion thread is here: http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=43792

So, who's in?

Mark

OK, so no C4 Corvettes will be making the trip. Who else has the stones? lol

the mafia has already talked this year about getting down to sebring to take your trophies. during a cooler month though

the mafia has already talked this year about getting down to sebring to take your trophies. during a cooler month though

Your choices for TT at Sebring are late June or early October, and there isn't much of a temperature difference between them. Bring yo junk!

Mark

late June or early October, and there isn't much of a temperature difference between them.

hard to believe!

late June or early October, and there isn't much of a temperature difference between them.

hard to believe!

Having lived in Florida for a few years - He is not kidding!

I instruct for the NCM event every year and the wife loves to go along so I can't skip it.

Have to see if October works though, I'm running out of vacation

I'll be there in October, but I'm hoping Scott and some other SpecE30s will be there to race. If not, I will do TTE. Also, it was pretty damn hot at the October event last year, but the covered concrete pits are awesome.

True, but I still had to trailer the thing up there, regardless if it was 2 months before or not lol. Look at it this way, you don't have to trailer through Atlanta

1,037 mi - 17hrs 10min

and yet, I still sit here and think "hmm..."

You make the show, and I'll buy the beer.

Mark

I am resisting the temptation to say something about convertibles running top down and hardtops!

I can't make it anyways I'd like to drive that track one day though

OK, so no C4 Corvettes will be making the trip. Who else has the stones? lol

October is a possible. I froze to death at Sebring 2 January's ago!

1,037 mi - 17hrs 10min

and yet, I still sit here and think "hmm..."

You make the show, and I'll buy the beer.

Mark

That's not much of an investment Mark! Ken falls down after 1, maybe 2 if he has been practicing!

That's not much of an investment Mark! Ken falls down after 1, maybe 2 if he has been practicing!

I challenge you to a drink-off next time we're in the same town - loser buys

the 20lbs I picked up since I left the east coast came from something...

• 9 months later...

Where are you nancies? Ask your husbands if you can go out of town next weekend. Put your junk in Pantas' hauler and bring it down, as we booked a Sebring event that isn't in June or October (March 31 - April 1, 2012). You still have June and October available, though.

Mark