2011 Nationals questions

ken o

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread to collect Q&A on attending Nationals and seek advice for the vets. This will be my first Nat event with NASA.

Do I need to sign up for a paddock space if it is just my car and not a trailer?

Is it possible to secure items (wheels) on site if I don't have a paid spot?

Will there be someone to mount and balance tires on site?

I can't answer the parking question.

I do know there will be tire mounting & balancing on site. I'm not sure if it's Havoc Motorsports or not? They've been a little sketchy thus far in 2011 support for the MW/GL regions.

if Phil's Tire is there I would highly recommend them

as far as the parking - from what I read and someone correct me if I'm wrong - if you don't sign up for a garage or paved space then it's first come first serve in any of the grassy / dirt / gravel areas beyond.

Havoc has been excellent and was at Grattan this past weekend (saved us too because we needed to get a Hoosier tire in a hurry after a slipped belt issue!) and lucky for us had our little 205 50 15 Hoosier at the track!

...so I'm hoping Havoc/Jody will be at Nationals!

There is a TON of free space in the meadows and they aren't too far away from the paddock, but be warned... if it rains, it can get wet, messy, and muddy very fast! Memories of Nationals 2008... there were guys working on their cars in ponds down by the main paddock road. If you have the means it's not a bad idea to reserve a paddock space in case the weather gets nasty.

having never been to mid-ohio before, for those that always camp at the track........is there electricity anywhere or does everyone just run noisy generators all week?

along same lines, if there is power, is it only on paved paddock space, or is it available in the grass as well and what does it cost?

There is a TON of free space in the meadows and they aren't too far away from the paddock, but be warned... if it rains, it can get wet, messy, and muddy very fast! Memories of Nationals 2008... there were guys working on their cars in ponds down by the main paddock road. If you have the means it's not a bad idea to reserve a paddock space in case the weather gets nasty.

yeah, I can easily see that.....

and we paid for a spot we might not even get to use if TTF doesn't get enough people to run so we might have a spot to give back or resell (if that is even possible) if TTF is canceled due to lack of regitrants

There is no electric available anywhere in the paid or grass paddock areas. The only electric is in the $1000 garages... so yes, be prepared for running generators. Depending on how far you are willing to drive around the track there are some very nice camping areas on the far side by Thunder Valley and on the outside of the Keyhole.

I've got a question too.

How does the grid work for Nationals? Usually we grid by times throughout the day with it always re-shuffling as needed.

Then the new day (Sunday) it's reset. But that's because it's a different event day. Whereas Nationals is multiple days but the same 'event'. So is it an ever evolving grid?