TTF for Nationals? Where are you? We need 1 more person!!!

CWeber

Right now is only 2 people signed up for TTF and they won't let TTF run unless there are 4 people in class so where are you people? Who else is in?

JUST 2 more people please!

Who wants to join in on the fun?

EDIT UPDATE 6/16/11: One more joined up last night so now we need only 1 more person!

Who will join in the fun! We only have to have 4 people in class to be allowed to run so if just one more person signs up, we are good to go!!! Who will it be!!!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CWeber

• kbrew8991

• pasaunde

• neon982004

CFO / Sponsor says no Nationals this year, but we're on for 2012.

It makes me sad that "F" has trouble at times meeting minimums it is such an inexpensive class to compete in (both TT and PT), I dare say it can be the least expensive class to run up front in. 944-Spec may be the only contender with a shot...

Worst case I may be able to drag my TTG** car out of the paddock after its 550-mile/45+ mpg commute and turn a few laps Note to self, bring a helmet. And a transponder.

^ oh hey, our Infiniti G20 started out as a TTG car too and it is registered and paid for Nationals so run it please if you are serious!

...but there is no way the G20 has a snowball chance in hell in a TTE upclass against those CIVICs and Miata's so if we can't get enough people to sign up for TTF, my one-way non-refundable flight goes to waste and I can't see my hubby compete ..we have hotel pre-paid too.. grrrr

PLEASE PEOPLE! just 2 more TTF people sign up for Nationals!!!!!!!!!

I think theres a few guys from southeast planning on running

I sure hope so! That would be GREAT!!!! It would be a great chance to see how our car can do!

If you know them, please talk to them and find out! We need just 2 more people to register to have an allowed to run TTF group that can get prizes/contingency too!!!!!

You have plenty of time to slap a turbo on it and get it in TTE.

People like to make it sound so simple BUT....

no thanks, ZERO interest in going down that road. We like what it is TTF, Cheap and Reliable! ..and I've driven a turbo FWD g20 before (too much torque steer, too many easily broken trans along with axles that can't handle the power/torque of adding a turbo... just too much expense/maintenance on going that route to 'upclass' just to run nationals)

The b13 SE-R project car we have in the garage will be next years PTE contender is the plan but will NOT be ready in time this year for Nationals (not going to rush to finish this car just to run it instead at Nationals is the bottom line)

--->

So if not enough registered for TTF, we won't go and never will go as TTF (this was/is our one and only year to go do TTF at Nationals because we simply couldn't afford it the past 2 years we have had this car and as already said, this is our last year with this car so it goes for a try this year or never unless the next new owner gets to TT with NASA to try?)

Signing up tonight, bringing the old Lemons car out with fresh paint ... providing I don't ball it up at RA or CMS the rest of the year. I've never done Mid-Ohio before so this should be interesting.

its a very fun track - nice steep elevation changes, complex sets of corners - it really keeps you on your toes.

Watch out in 2012 (/smack talk)

^ I updated the 1st post accordingly now that we only need 1 more person so I'm hoping someone who was afraid enough wouldn't sign up before jumps in and joins us!

Heck, I'll be just as happy if we get more than 4 but we only need 1 more to be allowed to run so if anyone knows someone thinking about it, please mention this thread to them and help us get one more person in TTF for Nationals in 2011!!!!!!!!

I would bring my 245 Lemon, but I think it's more like a TTH car.

so you can run 30 point hoosier slicks on it then!!!!! DO IT!!! come run with us!

Even our G20 started out TTG (which obviously doesn't exist any more as a run class group)

ceboyd

Have you tried posting the request in the local surrounding regions. I just happened to click on the TT forum or I wouldn't have realized we were in this position. If you don't let me know and I'll do it tonight.

Also, if we can get a commitment from Getfast "Jon Felton" to signup we might be good

Patrick

ceboyd

Have you tried posting the request in the local surrounding regions. I just happened to click on the TT forum or I wouldn't have realized we were in this position. If you don't let me know and I'll do it tonight.

Also, if we can get a commitment from Getfast "Jon Felton" to signup we might be good

Patrick

We already have 2 of us from local regions signed up (1 from Great Lakes, 1 from Midwest being us) but the only other 2 possibilities I am unsure about (they don't seem to be that interested but we are working on it)

I did not think to post on any other 'local' forum but if you are willing to ask on the other local forums, that would be great and THANK YOU!

Keep looking for sure, I am unable to give a definite yes at this time. Will let y'all know once my plans are confirmed.

Thanks John, We'll keep looking on our end. I met you at VIR earlier this year (recycled Lemons Honda). I forgot how much fun that track was, looking foward to coming back for October Fest.

• National Staff

This year we will definitely need at least 4 "true" competitors in TTF, or I will not certify the results. We discussed at the end of last year the option of deleting TTF as a class available for the Championships. If it does not qualify this year, or does not end with at least four competitors with legal lap times, then don't expect to see it next year. The same goes for PTF.