TTF for Nationals? Where are you? We need 1 more person!!!

CWeber

$$$$$

My "old" TTF car went 1:48.797 at 2007 Nationals on Mid-Ohio Pro, and the new blue one is faster. If it gets beat, it gets beat - girl, guy, whoever. My goals for 2012 are to signifigantly outrun that time in TTF, and for PTF to string as many 1:48s or better as I can in the race that counts. If there's someone better, kudos to them

Geez... I wish the record would reflect that because right now it must just be the 'local' record when I look it up for the PRO course...

Time Trial F Allen Skillicorn MX6 1:49.444 08/18/07

found here:

http://www.nasagreatlakes.com/track_records/

That is correct. The records on the Great Lakes page are only times set at a regional Great Lakes event and do not reflect Nationals. Mainly because they are the Great Lakes records and Nats is not a Great Lakes event....it is a National event.

So Joe, since you're in the loop and all, do you have any idea if we'll be running the pro or club course in July and August?...or are you forbidden to tell?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CWeber

• kbrew8991

• pasaunde

• neon982004

Just posted a feeler on the SE site, we have a new fellow running TTF this year and hopefully I can interest him in siging up.

Fingers Crossed.

I see a bunch of jabber about track records, I believe you have to showup first

Anyone else having any luck?

I am pretty sure the Midwest and Greatlakes regions have exhausted attempts but we have 1 representative from each of those regions so I'm really hoping some other representative from another region steps up and joins in on the fun!

I've got my car listed for rent - hopefully a Texas person with a not-as-competitive car will take me up on the offer and go

So Joe, since you're in the loop and all, do you have any idea if we'll be running the pro or club course in July and August?...or are you forbidden to tell?

If I knew I would gladly tell you. Best advice I can give you is that in your first session if you see cones across the track we are running the club course and I would highly suggest turning. I am sure we will run the pro course for at least one of the events, I just don't know any more than that.

• National Staff
Does anyone know how much I would have to bribe Jon Felton to give me a check ride in August at a Trackdaze event?

TT Requires you to score points in 5 TT events, over a minimum of four days to become eligible for the Championships. So, August would probably be too late unless you are going to travel.

Does anyone know how much I would have to bribe Jon Felton to give me a check ride in August at a Trackdaze event?

TT Requires you to score points in 5 TT events, over a minimum of four days to become eligible for the Championships. So, August would probably be too late unless you are going to travel.

Yeah, I knew that. I told Ken it definitely wouldnt happen this year.

Also, did you get my email a few days ago?

You could probably pull off 5 days if you don't mind flying around the country and picking up a rental car to run in TTF (It has been done before)

Well folks,

We've managed to get to 7 pages on this thread but still need that 1 more TTF person.

Bueller?

Anyone?

Could somone run in 2 different classes during this event as a way to fill the fourth spot (a shared TTF car) or is it stricky four cars ontrack? I may be willing to give up some sessions if this is an option.

^ I would think as long as the other TTF spot is paid for, it is allowed.. just that you won't both be able to run at the same time and might need to run different transponders and numbers to allow officials to keep proper records

Is this a question for Greg or a question to post on the Nationals 2011 section maybe?

You should be able to co-drive if you split sessions. Ive seen it done at SE events (NCCAR specifically, if you remember ), but again, Greg would be the authority.

^ we have a battery powered spare/extra transponder (backup if we have a problem with either of our cars) so we would be happy to offer it as a loaner to anyone double stinting a TTF car at Nationals !!!!!

• National Staff

I would be willing to approve a single vehicle used by two individual drivers (non-team). However, I would require two separate transponders on the vehicle, as well as a different car number. As well, I would need to be told in the morning meeting the schedule of who would be driving the vehicle during each session. Lastly, if the car is found to be non-compliant, both drivers would be subject to penalties.

Would a person already paid and running HC be able to run TT gratis or would they have to pay for the TT slot as well?

• National Staff

Also, they would have to have qualified with points in 5 TT events for this year before the Championships.

Bribe me all you want, but my NASA TT check rides only take place at NASA events... anything/anywhere else is coaching, or a reference ride, or just for fun