944 Spec at Nationals

Sterling Doc

With NASA Nationals back at Mid-Ohio, I'm thrilled to report that as of today, 944 Spec has as many cars registered for Nationals as Spec Miata. While I'm sure SM will out number us in the end this year, 944 Spec has come a long way from 4 cars in 2008, to the 20+ we have now.

There will be some serious talent present this year:

*David Dirks - defending 2010 National & Regional Champion from the Rocky Mountain Region

*Tyler Palmer - 16 year old phenom from SoCal. Tyler was the 2010 Nationals runner-up at Miller, and has multiple California State carting championships to his credit.

*Dan Pina -Pro Drift racer (formerly Ford sponsored)

*Eric Kuhns - former National, and multi-time Midwest Regional 944 Spec Champion

*Neal Agran ("KLR" on Rennlist) - Midwest series hotshoe, and lap record

holder.

congrats.jpg

246984019_LiPyf-S.jpg

We have drivers coming from as far as California and Texas. :thumbsup:

Bennington Motorsports http://www.BENMS.com will be there to provide comprehensive support, at Spec friendly prices. Shop owner Nick Miller will be bringing spare motors, heads, transmissions, and about everything that makes a 944 go, turn & stop, as well as 4+ mechanics to make it happen. Support for the full event will be in the $500 range.

Bennington will also be bringing their trackside big screen TV to share videos and data. While I know that many will think us crazy, Neal Agran and I will be sharing Traqmate data to the class, to help get those new to Mid-O up to speed. Nationals will be about 4 days of "living the life" up and down the grid. This sort of off track camraderie & transparency is a 944 Spec hallmark, and Nationals will be the same, albeit at a higher level of intensity. Bring your best game to the track if you want to compete!

So if any of you guys were waiting to see if 944 Spec would arrive, especially out East, come and join us!

FrontStraight-M.jpg

379871725_UwGxy-O.jpg