Check my math

johnalley

I have gone over the TTA /PTA classification form and I think I've got it but... I need someone with more experience to make sure I am correct.

2004 Corvette Z06 7 pts

Hoosier R6 tires 10 pts

Tire size credit (255) -10 pts

Vararam air intake 1 pt

Sway bars 2 pts

Front splitter 3 pts

Rear wing 4 pts

Total 17 pts

Your math is correct.

However, I highly doubt you need that Vararam intake. Sure, it will bump up your horsepower, but you will have to add a bunch of weight to stay at your allowed adjusted weight:horsepower ratio. Your 04 has enough power in the stock configuration to put you right at the minimum allowed weights. Just do a clean up tune and raise the rev limiter and then figure out how much weight your car has to weigh.

-Kevin

Looks OK, but you should get down to one of the dyno places, get your car weighed and three dyno pulls. Then check the power to weight calculations to make sure you are under the allowed ratio.

The splitter, by itself, is only +3 per G2. But, if the splitter has any vertical component (for instance, to fill any gap between the top plane of the splitter and bottom edge of the OEM fascia) other than its thickness, then +3 per G1 (fascia) will apply.

Basically, a splitter can be seen as a thin sheet of plywood, installed horizontally, and nothing more. Note that, if you try building a splitter that is 6" thick, you will get the +3 for G1 as well, so don't get too creative with the rules.

Mark

the problem with the C5 (as noted by kevin this past weekend) is to not build a vertical mount for the splitter, if you mount it on the bottom of the C5 fascia, it'll be 2 feet off the ground

Yep, I am going to put 1965 GTO shackles under the rear of my Z06 to jack up the rear and get the nose down to the ground.