trackaddict

Anyone have Atlanta Motor Speedway video?

trackaddict

Does anyone have any in-car footage with a lap or two of Atlanta Motor Speedway? Please post a link here...

chumpy36

I might be able to dig some up.

trackaddict
I might be able to dig some up.
Any luck?

chumpy36

Yep. I'll be posting something pretty soon.

trackaddict
you can see the start and a lap or two of my last race there... here:

http://www.c2racing.com/gallery/sccalaborday04

It's the last video

Cool - thanks. Lots of time on the oval part of the track and the hairpin onto the infield looks like a high action area (lots of rubber on the road). I will definately be at AMS for this event but at this time I am signed up to work rather than drive. I had to replace my windshield and my AC condensor due to taking debris last time out. Since I am hooked on NASA, if I can't drive, than I am going to come and work.

chumpy36
you can see the start and a lap or two of my last race there... here:

http://www.c2racing.com/gallery/sccalaborday04

It's the last video

Cool - thanks. Lots of time on the oval part of the track and the hairpin onto the infield looks like a high action area (lots of rubber on the road). I will definately be at AMS for this event but at this time I am signed up to work rather than drive. I had to replace my windshield and my AC condensor due to taking debris last time out. Since I am hooked on NASA, if I can't drive, than I am going to come and work.

Sorry to hard about your condensor and such. You might want to consider a mesh grill for the radiator and condensor. Not sure there's much you could have done about the windshield except not get behind that mustang that was destroying his tires in every corner.

anyway, glad to see you are a NASA fanatic. I'll see you at the track!

JAson

macstang

Hmmm.....what color was that Mustang?

chumpy36

Black. Older body style.

trackaddict

Black. Older body style.

He was locking up a rear into turn 3 all the time and flinging all kinds of rubber.

I accepted it as a hazard of doing an HPDE. I would have prefered to be unscathed and next time I will hang back from a car doing that. Live and learn...

trackaddict
Sorry to hard about your condensor and such. You might want to consider a mesh grill for the radiator and condensor. Not sure there's much you could have done about the windshield except not get behind that mustang that was destroying his tires in every corner.

anyway, glad to see you are a NASA fanatic. I'll see you at the track!

JAson

I had grills for my oil coolers which are otherwise perfectly positioned to collect rocks. I now have the same for the condensor.