TurboShortBus

Sebring Time Trial RESULTS for June 25-26, 2011

TurboShortBus

The Time Trial results for the Sebring International Raceway event on June 25-26, 2011 have been posted.

Saturday results: http://www.nasa-tt.com/Florida_Regional_Results/p2044_articleid/152

Sunday results: http://www.nasa-tt.com/Florida_Regional_Results/p2044_articleid/153

The TTE track record was reset by Alex Bolanos on Sunday morning. Congratulations! All Florida track records can be found here: http://www.nasa-tt.com/Florida_Track_Records

Please use the official results at the NASA-TT links above to submit results for contingency awards. Results will not be posted at MyLaps.com in order to maintain accuracy and consistency.

The championship points standings have also been updated: http://www.nasa-tt.com/Florida_Standings

Also, I would like to thank our new 2011 TT awards sponsor, Flat6 Motorworks, for their support! Their website is: http://www.FLAT6motorworks.com

header.jpg

Congratulations to our winners! We'll see you at Palm Beach International Raceway on September 3 and 4 for rounds 9 and 10.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTS Saturday podium:

_MG_0604.JPG

TTC Saturday podium (missing 1 no-show driver):

_MG_0602.JPG

TTD Saturday podium (check out the badass Davey Allison T-shirt from 1991):

_MG_0600.JPG

TTE Saturday podium (missing 2 no-show drivers, but the Davey Allison T-shirt makes another appearance):

_MG_0597.JPG

Mark

TurboShortBus

Fortunately, it only rained "a little bit" on Sunday afternoon.

_T9R1734.JPG

_T9R1691.JPG

THIS is dedication:

_T9R1702.JPG

"Hey, Carmine...try not to slide into the back of the Cup car on the brakes going into 7."

_T9R1788.JPG

Mark

TrackRat
Fortunately, it only rained "a little bit" on Sunday afternoon.

_T9R1734.JPG

Mark

After the down pour and flooding, he switched to rain tires:

2359106251_3e36526900.jpg

dew-e

Nice, I didn't get a single fast lap in on Sunday and still got 2nd... Thanks to all the other TTE drivers for showing up and setting the bar so high. It will definitely push me to continue getting faster as I try to hang with you guys. I've never ran under a 2:40 at sebring in this car, so I'm not sure I will ever have anything for Alex running that fast, but it is a good thing to have difficult goals.

ozal92

Holy Shit! I beat Vic and Josh on Sunday! I'm framing this results list. That's it. I will be announcing my official retirement from TTD very soon.

SpeedWorksRacing

_T9R1702.JPG

I felt bad, had my buddy come out to ride around the track with me. He paid the $30 and got two laps in the soaking wet track. Funnest 2 laps ever.

TurboShortBus
I felt bad, had my buddy come out to ride around the track with me. He paid the $30 and got two laps in the soaking wet track. Funnest 2 laps ever.

Running in the rain is a blast! You know damn well that you're not going to post a quick time, so there's no pressure to haul ass. Just do what you can to slide it around a bit and keep it between the walls...

Mark

Mrsideways

I tired to run in the rain on Sunday. all the other suckers (mind you most had rain tires) followed the pace car into the pits. I couldn't even see that the lights on the pace car were still on. I just drove my happy ass down the front straight hoping to see a green. Hoping to SEE a green cause I couldn't see crap. There was no green to be seen. But I was there to take it had it showed up.

P.S. I've got the video... You can't see ANYTHING.

obzezzed350

You were also crazy enough to try and get "heat" in your slicks with 3 inches of water on the track...

Mrsideways

I turned the Camera on half way down the back straight. I'll see if I can post the video tonight. You can't see $hit.

Mrsideways

The View from the Rain...

obzezzed350

I have mine processing now, in case you want to see your fishtailing fun

Joshua
Holy shoo-shiddily-diddily! I beat Vic and Josh on Sunday! I'm framing this results list. That's it. I will be announcing my official retirement from TTD very soon.

Congratulations Albert!

:P

Seriously, I hope you had fun in the Spyder, and you're welcome back any time.

TrackRat
Holy shoo-shiddily-diddily! I beat Vic and Josh on Sunday! I'm framing this results list. That's it. I will be announcing my official retirement from TTD very soon.

Congratulations Albert!

:P

Seriously, I hope you had fun in the Spyder, and you're welcome back any time.

Video of Albert's award winning run in that really nice MR2 he was driving :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAmMrTleR4s

ozal92

After having crashed the CRX on the first lap, of the first timed session, of the first day of the weekend, driving another car was a a good way to get me back into the groove. I was being ultra careful and taking a conservative line. Was plenty fun though. Nice handling car. Thanks again, Shawn.

coulthard fan

Some video from the first timed session on Sunday, mostly of Danny's rear bumper before he unfortunately "redecorated" it at the beginning of the 2nd timed session in T1. Been there, done that.

So after all the talk last month is anyone actually planning on going to Road Atlanta with NASA SE August 6-7? I was supposed to do the Lotus Cup race there the weekend before (in conjunction with Chin) but that was postponed, so I might go play with the SE guys again instead.

Balroks

Cool, looks like a jaw shattering ride lol. Hook up a rear view camera next time so I can watch you pull away in the corners .

911s
So after all the talk last month is anyone actually planning on going to Road Atlanta with NASA SE August 6-7? I was supposed to do the Lotus Cup race there the weekend before (in conjunction with Chin) but that was postponed, so I might go play with the SE guys again instead.

Hey Scott,

I have signed up for this event. I thought it would be helpful to learn how to go up and down instead of just turning left and right.

Hope to see you there.

coulthard fan
Hey Scott,

I have signed up for this event. I thought it would be helpful to learn how to go up and down instead of just turning left and right.

Hope to see you there.

Cool. If that is your goal though perhaps you should add a few days to the trip and do Watkins Glen.

P.s. Matt I forgot to strap down the bullet cam so that's why it's so jumpy... but next time I'll turn it around for you!

Balroks

What's up with Hendrick's photo's? He's got MAYBE a 10th of the field on there...

TrackRat
What's up with Hendrick's photo's? He's got MAYBE a 10th of the field on there...

I think the crappy weather made it hard for him to get as many as he usually does...just a guess.

TurboShortBus

Try contacting him directly for your photos, as he likely has not uploaded all of them to the website yet, but they are probably ready to ship on a CD/DVD.

Mark

I think the crappy weather made it hard for him to get as many as he usually does...just a guess.

He had computer problems, had to send out his hard drive to save the data/photos, and he should have all of them processed within the next couple of days.

Steve

coulthard fan

Hey Scott,

Hope to see you there.

I've finally registered and booked the hotel etc. for Road Atlanta so I'll see you there Derik. MAD Motorsports is also bringing Ary and his Porsche Cup to the event. Anyone else going August 6-7?