Dyno reclass porky 94 miata to TTF?

srsmiata

ABS (dont remember how many points this is to add)

I. NO-POINTS MODIFICATIONS:

f. Brakes/Chassis

4) ABS (anti-lock braking system)--Only OEM systems offered specifically for the car model

as a factory option. No OEM systems offered for a different car model or aftermarket

systems are permitted.

Mark

the whole point of the reclass is for the guy to get a TTF* or so base class so then you DO have room for points stuff and still stay in F in the end.

What is funny is I actually totally forgot ABS was even available on some Miatas.

I can't even see ABS HELPING on a Miata... I would think race pads would trigger ABS way too easily and slow down lap times.. ..then again, I prefer to be without ABS on track cars at this point after years with my Spec Miata.

for what it is worth, the car does have ABS. Since the fuse lives in my track bag, the system is pretty much dead weight. Never could learn to brake hard with that system. Yes, the Torsen is +3. No way around that.

meanwhile.. today at Autobahn South with NASA there were 4 TTE Miata's and the one session that had 3 of the 4 running, they were all within 100s of a second of each other... all had a 1:48.5xx time.. it was nuts! One of them was a heavy pig at 2508 pounds too! All had suspension modifications and Toyo RA1s btw. It was just interesting to see them running so darn close that one session!

That last session of the day was a blast. With a carrot to chase, I was able to post my fastest time of the day....It was one of those "a-ha moments" I changed my line slightly in two places, and the times improved. I gave up the chase when I dropped a wheel in T6....no reason to crash on the last session of the weekend

Well,

I know you have all been waiting to hear the results of my dyno. I have not been to the scales yet, but the porker pulls 112 at the wheels. I guess that bad cylinder is not so bad after all. Next stop, scales...

• 1 month later...

I made it to the scales with NASA this weekend. With me and a full tank of gas = 2544 lbs. With 112 WHP on a NASA dyno that gives me a ratio of about 22.7:1 The TTE min 16.5, and the TTF min is 19.5. If I had less gas and started stripping I could get to maybe 2450, which would still yield a ratio of about 21.8. Anyone care to check my math?

Is anyone even getting close to the 16.5?

that calculation isn't straight up weight divided by horsepower, there's correction factors you need to look at as well. This is where the Excel calculator comes in handy

Also a car like yours that handles well (relatively) will likely not be able to get close to the HP/weight caps. The idea is you should be making your time in the corners and losing it on the straights where something that's at the cap for the class will make up time on the straights and lose it in the corners instead.

Edited by Guest