FS: 2004 AI Mustang

TWI

This is a very well prepped AI car, I can't imagine you could find another AI car this well set up for the same price.

Who would fix THAT damage?

Someone selling a car

For my use, I beat it out with a rubber mallet and it is good to go from a 50-50 standpoint and I was going to race it this way but a dented fender and door looks poor to a potential buyer.

Tal

• 3 weeks later...

Motor has a clean bill of health from a race shop which gave it a $700 inspection and found nothing out of the ordinary, I was apparently just being overly cautious about the previously mentioned metal shaving on the oil drain plug.

Bodywork has not been fixed yet - too many racers have talked me out of addressing it.

Tal

Edited by Guest

Gosh this has to be the best deal on the planet for a well prepped race ready car that has the best of everything.

Good luck with the sale Tal.

Gosh this has to be the best deal on the planet for a well prepped race ready car that has the best of everything.

Good luck with the sale Tal.

Thanks Scott. It is a screaming deal. I'll probably regret selling it, but I just made arrangements to buy another car and in the interest of marital harmony, I need to move this one.

I've got it listed on Ebay. Someone in the shadows has to be in the market for a real nice car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290598675974&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

• 2 months later...

Bodywork repaired and complete car repainted. Next week, I plan to photograph the car and rewrite the ad to clean up any confusion about how the car sits and what is different from when I purchased it in 2010.

Tal

Edited by Guest

GLWS car looks great. If i had the money right now i would be jumping on it

Thanks. It was implied but was not mentioned - the car is completely ready to race. Just put gas in it and go.

I'll likely run it at Road Atlanta in December if it has not sold or I do not have a deposit on it at the time. The car has a current NASA logbook and 2011 Tech Sticker.

Tal

• 2 weeks later...

The series of bad pictures continue - I will take the car out of the trailer next weekend and snap some better pictures including interior shots highlighting the great required "dash" to be AI legal. By the time I got to the car last week, the light was gone and I had left my camera at home.

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pricing as of 12-9-11

$14,500 complete

$12,500 with Penskes removed and Bilstiens reinstalled

Pictures from the Road Atlanta event on 12-5-11. Note, car is AI legal but I had to run in AIX because my dyno sheet was not current. Car is currently running a restrictor plate to hit 331hp target at 9.5/1, getting to 9.0/1 at 350hp is just a matter of removing the restrictor and re-tuning the car.

NASA-R-ATL-83-ss.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

The best I did this past weekend was a 1:40.

I've got a list of excuses as long as my arm - first time behind the wheel in six months, cautious with the car since it was for sale and newly painted, two year old Toyo's, yadda yadda yadda - but it should run +/- 1:38's in it's current configuration on Toyo's if pushed a little more aggressively (cut the curbing in T3, upshift/downshift between T5 and T6, later braking into T10a, more throttle through T12 - I know where the time is). I don't know how much the extra .5lb/hp reduction (about 15hp) will help in 2012, but it surely cannot hurt.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Tal

• 3 weeks later...

Use your christmas cash to put this race car in your garage.

Edit - I am about to be in the market for a new daily driver. Don't be ashamed to shoot me your trade offer, worst I can do is say no. I can go up to $30k cash + my race car in trade for a 550-iish type sporty sedan or 911-ish sports car.

Tal

• 4 weeks later...