944 Spec at Cal Speedway July 30-31

Tim Comeau

Looks like we have 10 944's racing, plus some HPDE drivers, plus some 944 street drivers showing up just to watch! Come watch the 944 Spec guys and have dinner with us.

Tim, that's great to hear.

Sounds like you guys are getting some momentum back in SoCal!

It is a fun track - fastest I've ever gone in a 924/44! Wish I could be out there again!

No doubt about that Erik. it is the fastest track in the country for a 944spec.

You will find out in a hurry what condition your engine is in. If it is soft at all it just will not pull the RPMs in 5th gear.

And drafting is very important here. If you drop off the cars in front of you it can cost you 10 car lengths.

No doubt about that Erik. it is the fastest track in the country for a 944spec.

And drafting is very important here. If you drop off the cars in front of you it can cost you 10 car lengths.

I remember hitting 6000 rpm in 5th catching a draft of a Honda a few years back. That calcuated to 132 mph and I maintained that speed all the way around turn 1 and turn 2 banking. In clean air best I could get too was 5800 rpm in 5th.

Even so you have a good handling car that can trail brake well to get a good lap time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A few years ago there I found my windshield wiper motor couldnt overcome the air so the wiper just sort of fluttered half way down the windshield.

That was in a cmc camaro, not a 944, but lots of good crazy stuff happens at Fontana, like going 130+ in the rain!