Nomex socks - wear by themselves or over other socks?

Cobra4B

The nomex socks I purchased from Discovery Parts early this year are very thin. Since I'm still running TTs I've been wearing heavy duty mid-length socks so my shoes fit snug. Wearing the thin nomex only would make the shoes a little looser than I like.

What's the proper way to wear thin Nomex socks? By themselves or over a normal sock?

Thanks,

Brian

kinda defeets (heh) the purpose to have flammable socks underneath them, doubly so if it's a material that is going to melt to your skin

I double up on mine unless its hot, but my shoes also fit fine with just one layer so...?

kinda defeets (heh) the purpose to have flammable socks underneath them, doubly so if it's a material that is going to melt to your skin

I double up on mine unless its hot, but my shoes also fit fine with just one layer so...?

10-4... I ordered the newer style G-force shoes earlier this year to replace my old ones I had been using since '03. I ordered the same 11.5 and they just feel a little larger. Now that they're broken in they may fit fine w/ the thin socks. I normally wear a size 12 so I was downsizing w/ the 11.5s kind of like you do with hocky skates (except then we used to stuff our feet in skates way smaller).

I wear the nomex sock over a cotton sock folded over about 1 1/2 inches at the top. It keeps the nomex sock from sliding down and the bottom cuff of your suit from sliding up. Have a second pair of both handy as they get sweat soaked. If I wear the nomex sock by itself, it just slides down into my shoe.