2011 Hotlanta Challenge Photography-Take 2

trhoads

See, us low HP/TQ RX_8 boys are flat from the apex of 10a to the braking zone for turn 1. the first time I did it there was some serious pucker factor...but it was a thrill, and really a non event. I can't imagine doing that in a car with power.

I will keep shooting from there! I wish I had been there when a DE2 VW put both drivers side wheels off at the BEGINNING of the track out gator, before S/F...and rode it out, all the way down the gator...You could see the white of his eyes from the flag station!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trhoads

• drivinhardz06

• kbrew8991

• Jim P.

drivinhardz06

The Penske's control the car much better in slow speed stuff, so I could bang the 3-4 shift before T12 turn in pretty good (usually I am lazy on the shift there just to plant the nose). Behind scott once I banged it too hard, and pitched the car pretty good on T12 entry, sideways and peddling the throttle through the whole thing What sucks though is it screws up 2 laps, that lap, and the one you just started.

Hi,

Do you have any pictures of a 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe (#1337) from HPDE 1?

Thanks!

I will add you to my list and look, and I will let you know.

Thanks.

I think you do Travis. He was my student and I saw you taking some shots as we drove by. I've went to the mail box 2-3 times already today. Hoping my CD shows up today

I remember the car...well, all 3 or 4 of that car that were out there. I never want to say I do have images...and then not have anything.

Brent, your disc should arrive today, Monday at the latest, it got picked up at my office on Tuesday morning IIRC. Might have been Wednesday, I can't remember.

David, your proofs are online. This is one of my top 10 for the weekend, DE4 may not be racing, but this image feels like racing to me.

i.php?a=Motorsports+Photography%2Fhotlanta-challenge-2011&i=david-107-de426.jpg&s=700&cw=&ch=&q=95

David, your proofs are online. This is one of my top 10 for the weekend, DE4 may not be racing, but this image feels like racing to me.

i.php?a=Motorsports+Photography%2Fhotlanta-challenge-2011&i=david-107-de426.jpg&s=700&cw=&ch=&q=95

Wow Travis, that is an awesome shot.

thanks Jim. I was blessed with overcast skies...not just to keep cooler, but it makes that shot possible. It did not last long though. I wish I could get a shot like that for everyone...but it does not always work out that way.

thanks man will be getting a cd

thanks man will be getting a cd

no problem, just let me know what you would like to do, and I will get it done.

yeah, not sure how many I got of you, but I will look when I get to your name on my list...just finished up the biggest set for one of the race teams...on to the next one!

partsgroupmx5_92.jpg

MichaelD, you have an email, your proofs are online.

michaeld-26-de3_07.jpg

Travis, I told you there was air to be had on 3.

Yep! You did, glad I caught it for ya. Your disc is sitting on the table, ready to go out in Monday's mail.

Kris, you have an email, your proofs are up! You are the only person that I have seen run with no wing, stock wing, and then a big racing wing...at first I thought I was shooting the wrong car!

kris-421-ttc_41.jpg

^ He is always very busy in the pits..........It was making me tired just watching him.

those folks make me feel like a slacker when I am at the track!