• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trhoads

• drivinhardz06

• kbrew8991

• Jim P.

Don, you have an email. It was good to see you out there...sad to see you driving something other than the 8. Your proofs are online...for all three cars you drove...track junkie.

don-52-de4_08.jpg

A little heavy on the post processing on this one...just for fun, and he asked for it!

SilverEIGHT

Thanks Travis, can't wait to see them. David is driving a M series 135. He was my student for one session. That is a very nice car!

cool, thanks for the clarification. I had it tagged as a 1 series.

Just to add to the clarification....M series has different body work (front and rear bumpers, trunk, side skirts, widebody) and it has the little "M" on the fender behind the front wheels. I could go on all day about the Ms. Love them.

Lucid Moments
Jason wins the BIG AIR award...and his proofs are online now.

jason-42-de3_06.jpg

Yea, I guess.

I hit it that hard and ended up in the tire wall

for some reason, the RX-8 really hops there. Eric Meyer used to do it that way, and he has taught us how to hit it...I don't have the stones for it though, too much mechanical empathy I guess.

for some reason, the RX-8 really hops there. Eric Meyer used to do it that way, and he has taught us how to hit it...I don't have the stones for it though, too much mechanical empathy I guess.
That's how I teach it in the classroom for the DE2 & DE3 guys. I even brought some of the DE2 studs out to T3 to watch how it can be done. There's more curbing on the inside than you think.

Awesome photos, Travis!!!

Photos look great. Thanks alot

Thanks. Your disc will go out today.

That's how I teach it in the classroom for the DE2 & DE3 guys. I even brought some of the DE2 studs out to T3 to watch how it can be done. There's more curbing on the inside than you think.

it is an aggressive line, but those that use it say it works.

Sonny, you are next...sorry about the confusion that was all on my end.

• Members

I agree w/Sonny - even my stiff sprung AIX Mustang does better when I hop that curbing...

we have been having a debate on our RX-8 forum about which cars hop better, or catch more air, stiffly spring, or softly sprung. I am still un-decided...I do know that no one else on the weekend had the air Jason did. A couple SpecE30's come close. Stiffly sprung E36 M3's do well there too.

might be more of a shock package thing - combination of bound & rebound settings? If the shock resists being compressed somewhat it should launch that side of the car higher, and also if its set to resist drooping back down quickly...?