1:55 PM 2:10 PM 0:15 Group G Session #4

sat

8:30 AM 8:50 AM 0:20 Group G Session #5

10:35 AM 10:50 AM 0:15 Group G Session # 6

2:50 PM 3:05 PM 0:15 Group G Session #7

sun

8:30 AM 8:50 AM 0:20 Group G Session #8

10:35 AM 10:50 AM 0:15 Group G Session # 9

Nationals is not really the best place to go if you are looking for seat time.

Yeah, but you still need enough time to perform. That's getting excessively low..

Dan you going to Nationals? I've been thinking tabout making the drive up to spectate....thinking....

yea its my vacation this year fri/sat/sun at roebling then drive to ohio and run wed/thu/fri/sat/sun!

there will be plenty of racing to watch in between sessions, you should come down for the weekend or something

IMO, with more and more of the "competitive" TT drivers showing up on A6s and only running 3-4 laps per session (1 warm-up lap, 2 flying laps max, 1 cool-down lap), I really don't understand the incentive to give more track time (in the form of longer sessions) to the TT group; in other words, you're doing it to yourselves.

Personally, I try to run every possible minute of every TT session, but I'm apparently becoming an exception.

I'll see you PT and TT drivers in the impound area in a few weeks...

Mark

Dan you going to Nationals? I've been thinking tabout making the drive up to spectate....thinking....

Be sure and come by, we are in the middle of the upper paddock

For drivers who have not driven Mid-Ohio seat time is critical if we have any hope of being competitive with the guys who have it as their home track. I agree at local events or tracks I know, I will not run every lap of every session. But looking at the entry list it looks like a couple are local but most are not. Hauling for hours or even days to run :35 minutes a day is disappointing. Taking vacation time and the expenses involve add up. If something could be done to increase seat time it would be appreciated.

For drivers who have not driven Mid-Ohio seat time is critical if we have any hope of being competitive with the guys who have it as their home track. I agree at local events or tracks I know, I will not run every lap of every session. But looking at the entry list it looks like a couple are local but most are not. Hauling for hours or even days to run :35 minutes a day is disappointing. Taking vacation time and the expenses involve add up. If something could be done to increase seat time it would be appreciated.

I haven't driven there either.. I booked to do the test n' tune on wednesday I'm hoping that will be decent tracktime it should be for the price it is! I hate iracing.com but you can learn the track on it

3 sessions day would be good

IMO, with more and more of the "competitive" TT drivers showing up on A6s and only running 3-4 laps per session (1 warm-up lap, 2 flying laps max, 1 cool-down lap), I really don't understand the incentive to give more track time (in the form of longer sessions) to the TT group; in other words, you're doing it to yourselves.

Personally, I try to run every possible minute of every TT session, but I'm apparently becoming an exception.

I'll see you PT and TT drivers in the impound area in a few weeks...

Mark

You aren't the only one to be out for entire sessions. We don't use A6 Hoosier's either, just R6. AND are often one of the very few to run all rain sessions too!

The track is available for days in advance to practice.

at considerable extra cost (and not just in dollars but days off as well)

This event used to be one you could do well at without being forced to do all the testing & practice days... number of attempts at a good lap seems to have gone way down with the entry fee staying constant.

The afternoon sessions are typically the ones with low attendance. What if we ran separate seasons in the AM and combined the groups in the PM. This would give use more time to learn the track at a time when typically the lap times are slower.

• National Staff

at considerable extra cost (and not just in dollars but days off as well)

This event used to be one you could do well at without being forced to do all the testing & practice days... number of attempts at a good lap seems to have gone way down with the entry fee staying constant.

Ken, I'm not sure what you are remembering, but the number of sessions has not changed since we started in 2006. It has ALWAYS been 9 sessions. Take a look at the results from 2006 at the bottom of the page--only 6 sessions counted toward competition http://www.nasa-tt.com/Results That year, we had a practice session in the am each of the three days. All we have done is spread the 9 sessions out over 4 days and change to only the first session on Thursday being practice-only to 1) Decrease the chance of rain ruining the entire competition, 2) Increase the number of competition sessions, and specifically the number of morning competition sessions that tend to be faster, and 3) allow TT to assist in the entire schedule by filling track time on Sunday so that we can have racing on both Saturday and Sunday and avoid the PT and ST post-impound tech issues that we had the first years when we had racing on Sunday until 5-6 pm. As well, we have kept the two separate TT run groups to increase open track to all drivers, even in the years when some were pushing for us to combine them.

2 per day over 4 days is 8, not 9. And aren't they shorter sessions too - with the longer sessions one could let the tires cool and recover and go for anther flyer (btw, I got beat that way... jus' sayin' ). Spreading TT out over all 4 days is a good move for the reasons you state I agree though, and good to hear that the "practice" sessions are cut down as well

I know *you* don't set the schedule for TT, but I'm sure the guys/gals would appreciate anything you can help negotiate on their behalf

And your point is???

My point is, that the track is available for days in advance to practice.

• National Staff
2 per day over 4 days is 8, not 9. And aren't they shorter sessions too - with the longer sessions one could let the tires cool and recover and go for anther flyer (btw, I got beat that way... jus' sayin' ). Spreading TT out over all 4 days is a good move for the reasons you state I agree though, and good to hear that the "practice" sessions are cut down as well

I know *you* don't set the schedule for TT, but I'm sure the guys/gals would appreciate anything you can help negotiate on their behalf

There are three sessions on Saturday. That makes 9. The practice sessions in the past were 15 minutes, not 20. So, like I said, track time is the same (might be 5 minutes different if anything).

And your point is???

My point is, that the track is available for days in advance to practice.

How does that help adding more sessions for TT durning the four days of competition? Sure, I could pay more and spend more days at the track practicing but it would be better to have more than :35 minutes a day after paying $699, taking a week off from work, and driving 18 hours.