An article on HPDE and TT

Wes@MotoIQ

Hello all...

I just wanted to share an article that I wrote about my experience with NASA and HPDE that I think some people might find interesting. It should give people that are not familiar with HPDE or who want to participate a good look at what is involved and what to expect. This article is the first in a series of two articles that are documenting the process of Moving through HPDE on the way to TT. Check out the link below for the full article...

A big thanks to Tom Hitzeman at F-51GT Motorsports Photography for the on track shots!

i-BpKRXmX-L.jpg

HPDE Article on MotoIQ.com

you had Joe (Sullivan) do your checkoff ride?

awesome!

DSC0079-L.jpg

I almost had him do my checkoff to HPDE3 this weekend at Mid Ohio but he was busy with some Time Trials impound tech stuff (he's the TT series director for Great Lakes). I had someone else.

Joe's a cool dude.

I was in your shoes too... I stuck out in HPDE2 for 2.5 events and did my checkoff last session on Saturday this past weekend. On Sunday, i had my 1st hpde3 session and it was wild, rainy and awesome! I learned so much in hpde3, watching mirrors, going off line, feeling the car, etc

NASA > all other clubs

you had Joe (Sullivan) do your checkoff ride?

awesome!

DSC0079-L.jpg

I almost had him do my checkoff to HPDE3 this weekend at Mid Ohio but he was busy with some Time Trials impound tech stuff (he's the TT series director for Great Lakes). I had someone else.

Joe's a cool dude.

I was in your shoes too... I stuck out in HPDE2 for 2.5 events and did my checkoff last session on Saturday this past weekend. On Sunday, i had my 1st hpde3 session and it was wild, rainy and awesome! I learned so much in hpde3, watching mirrors, going off line, feeling the car, etc

NASA > all other clubs

Joe is a great guy for sure! He also did my HPDE 3/4 check rides and I got the chance to run with him in TT. We had a lot of fun mixing it up a bit. My favorite thing about Joe is that he pushes you in the best way possible to get comfortable in all situations. He doesn't take un-necessary risk however is not afraid to push you in to situations that force you to adapt and learn. In my 3-4 check ride I was giving a 3 car the benefit of the doubt and awaiting a point by with Joe in the car and when I didn't get it he was like "what are you waiting for, take it" needless to say I did....

I will be documenting the 3-4 and TT experience in upcoming articles and given that people seem to have enjoyed this article I will share them here....

I also have some in car footage that I will be adding as well.

Again thanks for taking the time to read this!

Joe is a great guy for sure! He also did my HPDE 3/4 check rides and I got the chance to run with him in TT. We had a lot of fun mixing it up a bit. My favorite thing about Joe is that he pushes you in the best way possible to get comfortable in all situations. He doesn't take un-necessary risk however is not afraid to push you in to situations that force you to adapt and learn. In my 3-4 check ride I was giving a 3 car the benefit of the doubt and awaiting a point by with Joe in the car and when I didn't get it he was like "what are you waiting for, take it" needless to say I did....

I will be documenting the 3-4 and TT experience in upcoming articles and given that people seem to have enjoyed this article I will share them here....

I also have some in car footage that I will be adding as well.

Again thanks for taking the time to read this!

I know that feel, bro

keep writing. I'll read with mucho gusto! (subscribed!)

Great article! I'm somewhat in the same shoes as you but you seem to be more on the "fast track" to moving up in levels. I'm taking my time but certainly hope to be able to get into TT within the next year or so.